Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

One thing i hate about ford motor company.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:12 PM

Received 91 Likes on 86 Posts

Default One thing i hate about ford motor company.

The one thing really HATE about ford trucks is the lack of any kind of fender well in the rear. If my truck even touches a slight bit of mud i have to spend 3 or more hours hosing and scraping all the mud out from underneath the back of the truck. I scraped 500+ pound of sticky blackjack mud out from under my f150 today. The back was sagging as if i had a large loaded gooseneck hooked up. Even the back bumper was packed SOLID with mud from not even 5 minutes of offroad. Really pisses me off that ford did not think to put even a plastic fender well so mud wont get everywhere undeneath the truck. Sorry just needed to vent.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:24 PM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Ford sells a fender liner kit and there are also liners made by rugged liner that i have and they fit and work very well there are several posts on this subject. just look and you will find them
Old 04-07-2012, 10:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbabud
Ford sells a fender liner kit and there are also liners made by rugged liner that i have and they fit and work very well there are several posts on this subject. just look and you will find them
X2. I have rear liners in mine. They only time I've had mine in the mud it saved ALOT. My rear bumper wasn't that bad either. But that's the main reason why I don't off road if I don't need to. I'm to **** about my vehicles lol
Old 04-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Resident light whore

Received 751 Likes on 614 Posts

Anybody else notice how the mud runs out of the tailights on the SCrews?? Like the ledge back there catches an inch of dirt and you gotta get it 50 times with the sprayer to get it out..... Would the liners help that???
Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 AM

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I hate that you have to crank your bars to make the truck level. I wish there was a way to level the truck out and keep good ride quality.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:09 AM

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

But other than that I love my Ford. Before I got one I talked so much trash but having one and it never failing me has made me say nothing but good things.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is that why they make mud flaps lol
Old 04-08-2012, 01:17 AM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by greenheadkiller98
The one thing really HATE about ford trucks is the lack of any kind of fender well in the rear. If my truck even touches a slight bit of mud i have to spend 3 or more hours hosing and scraping all the mud out from underneath the back of the truck. I scraped 500+ pound of sticky blackjack mud out from under my f150 today. The back was sagging as if i had a large loaded gooseneck hooked up. Even the back bumper was packed SOLID with mud from not even 5 minutes of offroad. Really pisses me off that ford did not think to put even a plastic fender well so mud wont get everywhere undeneath the truck. Sorry just needed to vent.
yes that does **** me off as well, I noticed my truck kind of sagging today. I will spray it out tomorrow an wash it before I do the easter thing. any specials things you did to clean out the bumper? I've kinda cleaned it out before just sprayed it from the side really quick never gave it a good cleaning though guess ill do that

Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew
Anybody else notice how the mud runs out of the tailights on the SCrews?? Like the ledge back there catches an inch of dirt and you gotta get it 50 times with the sprayer to get it out..... Would the liners help that???
yes I notice the same thing!! it's so annoying that I have to spray it like 50 times to clean it out! but I did notice that if you loosen the tail light screws it helps cut back on the # of times you have to spray it :/ you still have to spray it though.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:03 AM

Received 91 Likes on 86 Posts

You have to get under there with a hose and spray and use your hand to scrape it off. Everywhere the wheel could fling mud, it will be there, and most likely packed in your bumper as well. I had enough mud to almost fill up a 55 gallon drum, probably about 500 lbs of subsoil mud, almost like blackjack mud except stickier.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 AM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by greenheadkiller98
You have to get under there with a hose and spray and use your hand to scrape it off. Everywhere the wheel could fling mud, it will be there, and most likely packed in your bumper as well. I had enough mud to almost fill up a 55 gallon drum, probably about 500 lbs of subsoil mud, almost like blackjack mud except stickier.
Lets see buy fender liners $125, install fender liners 1 hour vs clean mud from under truck 3 hours dispose of 500 lbs mud ? clean mud from inside tail lite housing 1/2 hour, replace corroded tail light assembly 1/2 hour +$65 replace rusted bumper and rock chiped bumper 2 hour +$300 repair rock chip paint on bed 3 hour + $300 make your tuck look 1000% better pricelees do the math.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: One thing i hate about ford motor company.