Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

NEW TIRES! which size will fit??

 
Old 03-09-2019, 04:40 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default NEW TIRES! which size will fit??

02 f150 supercab 2WD the stock 235/70/16 tires look WAY to small. i have the chrome plated stock rims a bunch of XLT's have. what is the widest width tire i can run with these? and does a wider tire help keep a better seal on the bead to stop any possable air leaks from not cleaning the rim to well? you would think it would apply more pressure because there wider. would going 2xx/75/16 make a noticeable difference to help take up some of that huge wheel well?? thats what im aiming for unless someone thinks i should go 80/16 or 85/16? time for some new boots these are spent!
imetvegeta is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 09:34 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Maysville KY
Posts: 1,177
Thanked 82 Times in 80 Posts
Default

i'd go 265/75/16
DarrinT04 is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 11:12 AM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i was thinking 245 or 255 any reason to go for 265? or you just like the look?
imetvegeta is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 01:09 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Maysville KY
Posts: 1,177
Thanked 82 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by imetvegeta View Post
i was thinking 245 or 255 any reason to go for 265? or you just like the look?
they will fill out your fenderwells better. here is the size differences
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...0r16-265-75r16
DarrinT04 is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 11:13 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 115
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by DarrinT04 View Post
they will fill out your fenderwells better. here is the size differences
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...0r16-265-75r16
I don't know how accurate that calculator is as it's like 4mph off (at the 50mph mark) with my current situation in relation to the wheels that were on there.
brazenkane is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 04:22 PM
  #6  
97 F150 XLT
 
white89gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 605 Times in 575 Posts
Default

It is a percentage, not a set number. You are not always off by __ mph, rather you are off by __%. If you are off by 6%, then at 25 mph, your speedo is off by 1.5 mph. At 50 mph, you are 3 mph off.
white89gt is online now  
Old 03-11-2019, 04:56 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 115
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by white89gt View Post
It is a percentage, not a set number. You are not always off by __ mph, rather you are off by __%. If you are off by 6%, then at 25 mph, your speedo is off by 1.5 mph. At 50 mph, you are 3 mph off.
Cool. Thanks for the clarification.
brazenkane is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 06:07 PM
  #8  
Member
 
Ger1942's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Plantation FL
Posts: 44
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I am looking at 275/70 17 with new wheels. I have 7 lug tough to fins a wheel. Found one on Ebay 8" wide +10MM offset. It will fill the fenderwell.

Anyone know if this will fit with minor problems if any?
Ger1942 is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 09:10 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Maysville KY
Posts: 1,177
Thanked 82 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ger1942 View Post
I am looking at 275/70 17 with new wheels. I have 7 lug tough to fins a wheel. Found one on Ebay 8" wide +10MM offset. It will fill the fenderwell.

Anyone know if this will fit with minor problems if any?
what is your current setup? any lift or leveling kit?
DarrinT04 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 07:44 AM
  #10  
Member
 
Ger1942's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Plantation FL
Posts: 44
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by DarrinT04 View Post
what is your current setup? any lift or leveling kit?
245/75 16 tires stock wheels no lift or leveling.
Ger1942 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW TIRES! which size will fit??


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: