Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

New guys, opinions and suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guys, opinions and suggestions

Hello, all i guess you can call me Noble. I just made an account so sorry if i am doing something a little out of place.

Either way to the point. I bought a 2000 f150 (with the 4.6, a 4x4, and 5 speed manual) a year ago that had a 185000 miles for $500, it needed a motor. Which me and my father went out and got a 2001 5.4 from the local junkyard for a little over 1 grand. Swapped it, fit fine and works as expected. there is some rust spots on the roof the underside could be better, body is in good condition, inside was okay, third gear synchro is grinding fairly bad. Bought it because it was cheap and my first own vehicle (i am a college student).

So i am at 190000 miles now. am thinking about rebuilding the transmission, do you all think it is worth the money for the truck ? My father has the tools to do it that i can borrow, so that isn't really a problem. Are there anything i should know about the transmission. Haven't bothered to figure out exactly which model i have hoping to do that this weekend as classes just ended for me.

Also the exhaust pipe is all rusted and rotates upward when driving (if that makes sense), also tried tacking it at the joint, but that broke after time. Was thinking about getting a new one, with a magna flow SISO, keeping it simple. Any opinions on that?

Would like to keep the truck but just don't want to just through money at it.

Quick Reply: New guys, opinions and suggestions