Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

New F150 Owner!

Old 10-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New F150 Owner!

What's up everybody, I am the proud new owner of a 2001 F150! I have been looking to replace my '89 Sierra and I finally found the perfect truck for my budget. Picking it up on Monday and I am very excited.

My question for all of you is: what cool things or mods have you done to your truck? I'm already planning on adding a tailgate light bar and installing some LED lighting under the bed rails. If anyone has any tips/suggestions that would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2013, 11:28 AM
F150 Manic

Received 112 Likes on 111 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the site
The following users liked this post:
bigmayer (10-12-2013)
Old 10-12-2013, 12:34 PM
TruckMaster

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks good! welcome! i havent done many mods, but this site is full of good stuff!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmayer
What's up everybody, I am the proud new owner of a 2001 F150! I have been looking to replace my '89 Sierra and I finally found the perfect truck for my budget. Picking it up on Monday and I am very excited.

My question for all of you is: what cool things or mods have you done to your truck? I'm already planning on adding a tailgate light bar and installing some LED lighting under the bed rails. If anyone has any tips/suggestions that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

if it were my truck i would paint to match the chrome grille surround and chrome mirrors caps to silver, paint the grille insert satin black, and get some lightning headlights, remove the bug guard if it hasnt messed up the hood at all

some other things for further down the road might be a new valance with fog lights, remove the side moldings, maybe a spindle lift to bring the truck up a little, and i love the fx4 wheels so maybe through a set of them on

but overall it looks like a solid truck in good condition congrats on the truck and welcome to the forum
Old 10-12-2013, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cptBudd
if it were my truck i would paint to match the chrome grille surround and chrome mirrors caps to silver, paint the grille insert satin black, and get some lightning headlights, remove the bug guard if it hasnt messed up the hood at all

some other things for further down the road might be a new valance with fog lights, remove the side moldings, maybe a spindle lift to bring the truck up a little, and i love the fx4 wheels so maybe through a set of them on

but overall it looks like a solid truck in good condition congrats on the truck and welcome to the forum
Thanks for the suggestions! Definitely getting new headlights. Would love to put a lift on it, just need to find the time and money to do it!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Yeah I'm THAT guy

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

So far I've done lightning heads, ptm grill, and still working on the 4x4 swap should have the motor in the new frame tomorrow

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New F150 Owner!