Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Needing Info. on lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing Info. on lift kits

Don't know how all this works cause I just signed up a few minutes ago so if I posted this in the wrong area please forgive me. I dont know how to start this but here it goes.... I saw a truck with a Rize Industries Lift Kit and I totally fell in love with the look and I really would love to put that Lift Kit on my truck with a few other additions. Thats where my problem starts cause after contacting Rize Industries they told me they have nothing for me and the oldest year they have listed is for a 2004. So here is my truck and my questions: I have a 2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4.6L Triton V8 Ext Cab Standard Fleet Side 4x4

1.) Is it possible to put a 2004 lift kit on my truck and how?
2.) Is it possible to dual shock my truck with Fox Shocks?
3.) What is a 4 Link suspension kit and can I install it on my truck?
4.) Would an 8" Lift Kit make enough room for 38x15.50xR20LT Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials?

I know all this work and look would be extremely expensive but thats not an issue for me right now. Please any info and help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Budget

I've noticed these kinda threads come up a lot since i've been on here... I think your asking the wrong questions.. Realistically anything is possibly with enough money.. I'm sure you like that lift but i'm also sure there are more lifts out there that will get you 8in on your year and make....and i'm sure any fabricator could hook you up with dual front fox shocks if you want it. And probably cheaper than some cookie cutter lift kit that came from a company.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:17 AM
F150 Manic

Received 112 Likes on 111 Posts

Well no you really can't if without a lot of mods put a lift kit for a newer model truck on, RCD lift kit has a dual shock feature and Fabtech used to if you could find an old one, a four link involves a solid axle and coils so more mods there, and if you want 38's you'll need a six inch suspension and 3 inch body lift or a solid axle swap would even be better for those big of tires.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4x4wolf
Well no you really can't if without a lot of mods put a lift kit for a newer model truck on, RCD lift kit has a dual shock feature and Fabtech used to if you could find an old one, a four link involves a solid axle and coils so more mods there, and if you want 38's you'll need a six inch suspension and 3 inch body lift or a solid axle swap would even be better for those big of tires.

Agreed... So how much money and time do you want to spend on your project?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM

Um referring to wether or not the tires will clear normally the website that you look on will have what tires the lift clears on the page with the lift and I hope your ready to get new gears put in with those tires and lift or you'll be repairing that transmission real quick
Old 04-01-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mudslinger14789
Um referring to wether or not the tires will clear normally the website that you look on will have what tires the lift clears on the page with the lift and I hope your ready to get new gears put in with those tires and lift or you'll be repairing that transmission real quick
And swapping suspension parts often with tires that big
Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 PM

Thankyou for the heads up on the solid axle swap I'll definitly start looking into that and see what I can find. What would you recommend for Axles?
Old 04-01-2012, 01:52 PM

I knew it would cost a lot of money and time for this kind of custom work. I have been able to save 14k for this project but I'm getting a funny feeling that this amount might not be enough. I never thought about the Transmission either so I'll be looking into that as well. I have been also wanting to rebuild my engine to get more horsepower out it to move that big *** lift kit! I really do appreciate all the help guys this means a lot. Thankyou!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:10 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just buy a 6" Fabtech and throw a 3" body lift on it. A guy on here runs 38/15.50's with little to no problems. It'd be cheaper in the long run. $2k for lift 3" body lift is $250. Gears are about $1000. Tires are roughy $2k plus other odds and ends your around $6k
Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 01KingRanch
Just buy a 6" Fabtech and throw a 3" body lift on it. A guy on here runs 38/15.50's with little to no problems. It'd be cheaper in the long run. $2k for lift 3" body lift is $250. Gears are about $1000. Tires are roughy $2k plus other odds and ends your around $6k
+1 and you could even do all this work yourself and save a little bit more money if you wanted to with 38's i would go with gears that are in the 5. etc range and then you'll be straight with the gears, engine, trans and transfer. oh and if your kinda trying to keep to a budget go to www.partstrain.com i got my trailmaster lift and everything i needed for my truck with them and it cost me around $5000 my tires i bought off of fleabay.

Quick Reply: Needing Info. on lift kits