Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Need som advise!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I bowl overhand!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need som advise!

ok i do alot of shooting and some hunting, and if you didnt know you are sapose to keep your gun and ammo in different parts of the vehicle, at least in iowa anyway, so i was thinking of geting a black tool box to put the ammo in, or i was also thinking about a roll bar and put lights on it, and i can always just put the gun in the back. i like the look of both, just wanted to hear what others who actualy like the truck almost no mater what think.

and there is a rattling coming from the back of my tuck, the person i got it from said it was because of the parking brake, need to know how to get rid of the rattling cant figure it out.

also wanted to know if 15" wheels would fit on my truck?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 165 Likes on 69 Posts

1. Toolbox is most functional. Lock the toolbox itself and have a lockable gun case, if you are keeping ammo back there be sure it's secured and not rolling around inside. Lights on the brushgaurd would look better than a bar.
2. Tear the rear brakes apart and make sure it is the parking brake and see what exactly is rattling.
3. I believe 16" is the smallest wheel we can fit due to the calipers.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Rammer Jammer

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

how bout you get the best of both worlds and get a headache rack and a toolbox. you can put lights on top of a headache rack and you can still fit a toolbox, I also think that they look alot better than a roll bar. and like he said just make sure that the guns dont roll around in the toolbox, thats where I keep all my guns and ammo. also if you buy a used toolbox make sure the guy gives you the key to it so you can lock it.
grab you a black toolbox, a black headache rack, some black kc's and lose the chrome door handles and the chrome gas cap (unless of course you like it)

Last edited by General Lee; 11-02-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've heard you can grind down a little to make em work but i don't know exactly how much so you might want to check into that before you do anything.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right, you need to know your state's laws inside and out about firearms transport!

If you are going to go over the state line, there is a federal law called fopa that will help you get there without going to jail:
"Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console."
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...Protection-Act)

But still, you can get in trouble easily in NY, NJ, or MA who do not care much what the federal laws say! So know the local laws. You can get arrested for a felony in MA for having a spent shotgun shell in the cab without a state firearms ID card!

But the short version of FOPA is, if you have a firearm in the cab of your truck...it has to be locked in a case. So if you are going to do any interstate travel, I would use the locked case storage method!

Last edited by spanz; 11-03-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Need som advise!