Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Muffler advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:46 PM

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Question Muffler advice

I'm looking at doing a dual exhaust conversion, and am considering this option: http://www.truckexhaustkits.com/prod...haust-Kit.html. It's considerably cheaper than the FlowMaster kit, and is Made in the USA. I know I want 2.5 tailpipes with mandrell bends. I'm pretty sure I want it to dump out the side, since I've dragged my rear bumper off-road pulling my camper on my Expedition. My biggest remaining question is which muffler? I want a good throaty sound, but I don't want it to drone inside. I'm thinking of either the Flowmaster Super 50 or the MagnaFlow. Any recommendations?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you want it dumped in front of the rear tire, it'll be cheaper to just buy whatever single in dual out muffler you want and get a shop to bend up the pipe to exit where you want. as for mufflers search youtube to see what sound you like the best. I had a flowmaster 50 series catback and now how high flow magnaflow cats with a magnaflow muffler all true dual. Its all personal preference on sound
Old 01-15-2013, 05:03 PM

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by CHA0S TH30RY
if you want it dumped in front of the rear tire, it'll be cheaper to just buy whatever single in dual out muffler you want and get a shop to bend up the pipe to exit where you want. as for mufflers search youtube to see what sound you like the best. I had a flowmaster 50 series catback and now how high flow magnaflow cats with a magnaflow muffler all true dual. Its all personal preference on sound
How does the cab noise compare between the Magnaflow and the 50 series?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

cab noise is more with the magnaflow but i went with high flow cats at the same time which makes it louder. i've heard the magnaflow cat backs on these trucks and obviously the 50 series and if i had to get one i'd get the magnaflow, just like the sound more.

Quick Reply: Muffler advice