Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Looking for Ideas on chip upgrades and tuners

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Looking for Ideas on chip upgrades and tuners

I have a 2001 F150 XLT 4.6 and have been doing a lot of modifications lately and was looking to get Ideas on either upgrading my chip or getting a tuner. So far my upgrades consist of JBA stainless steel tuned headers, Heartthrob dual exhaust expanding the pipe from the cat back form a 2 1/2" to a 3" pipe with dual 2 1/2" coming out the back of a single muffler, AC Delco super coils, K&N Cold air intake and new fuel injectors. I have never used a tuner before so I don't know well they are set up for amateur users or would it be easier for me just to upgrade my chip any ideas or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:26 AM
Title

Received 497 Likes on 414 Posts

Old dutch or Lays? That's about as relevant as chips are. "Upgrade your chip" is really confusing. You talking about PCM?

Get a SCT and pay for custom tunes. That's your best bang for the buck. There really is no other option besides Edge/Superchips "canned" tunes...meaning the only user adjustable things are like tire size, axle ratio, shift points...etc. The Edge CS/CTS are nice because of the gauges.

If you search, you'll find many threads on tuners/programmers.

Last edited by Tackle; 04-28-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:57 PM

Received 144 Likes on 134 Posts

Default Looking for Ideas on chip upgrades and tuners

Originally Posted by Tackle
Old dutch or Lays? That's about as relevant as chips are. "Upgrade your chip" is really confusing. You talking about PCM?

Get a SCT and pay for custom tunes. That's your best bang for the buck. There really is no other option besides Edge/Superchips "canned" tunes...meaning the only user adjustable things are like tire size, axle ratio, shift points...etc. The Edge CS/CTS are nice because of the gauges.

If you search, you'll find many threads on tuners/programmers.
The SCT X4 & LivewireTS both can be used as gauges too. But yep. Listen to Tackle. He speaketh the truth.

Quick Reply: Looking for Ideas on chip upgrades and tuners