Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

If you have one, please stop by and post...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only 15,000 of these F150s were produced; have you seen one???

The below is the exact Description and Picture is taken from the Ford 2003 F-150 Showroom Brochure. This is the initial post to this thread introducing the limited 2003 F-150 Heritage Edition, as intended by Ford Motor Company.

There were only 15,000 of these produced in three different two-toned color schemes.

If you have one of these or have spotted one please post here, please post here (pics, experiences, location, mileage, etc., etc.). I am trying to start a thread about this 100th Anniversary F150 ford Produced and see how many can be located.

"On the outside, it's a respectful nod to all the F-Series trucks that have gotten the job done, decade after decade. The look is classic, with its two tone paint, special wheels and commemorative badging (a). On the inside, the classic two-tone continues with unique contoured seat trim (b) in a choice of three accent fabrics color keyed to the exterior. It took 100 years to make this F-150 Heritage Edition, but we think you'll agree it was worth the wait."

"2003 Heritage Edition F-150 Specifics - Available on 139" WB XLT SuperCab Styleside only. Includes front black 40/60 split bench with accent color inserts (captain's chairs are optional), chrome grille surround with black honeycomb grille insert, chrome tubular cab steps, unique black "F150" front floor mats with rear floor mat, 17" 5-spoke aluminum wheels (4), unique two-tone paint treatment and tape stripe, unique badging, black Ford bedliner, clear lens headlamps, park lamps and fog lamps, and accent colored lower bumper valance."

Last edited by miles99; 05-17-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:06 PM

My 2003 F-150 Heritage Edition As the thread starter, here is mine.

Purchased used 04/24/2009 this pampered baby:

Miles: 63,250 miles
5.4 Triton 4x4
Color Treatment: Black/Dark Shadow Grey
All Stock
Excellent Condition inside and out, including original Floor Mats

Here's a link to My Album https://www.f150forum.com/members/miles99-18371/albums/2003-f150-heritage-edition-4x4-supercab/

Last edited by miles99; 05-17-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:41 AM

Default They say you always see more after you buy one...

Well I had never seen one of these 2003 F150 Heritage Editions, in person, until I bought mine.

Well the other day in a town of 400 people, I actually saw the Black/Arizona Tan color scheme one.

Well that's two of the 15,000 accounted for...

Last edited by miles99; 05-17-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:46 PM

Here is your third one, I will post some pictures of mine tomorrow, i have to get them off my personal computer when I go home tonight (I work in Iraq) I bought mine in Springfield IL in Feb 2006, it currently has just under 65000 miles on it. Everytime I go home for R&R I am doing work on it. It currently has a K&N 77 series cold air intake, a Gibson Cat back split exhaust system, Gibson Stainless headers and the following Troyer performance parts: Transmission valve body, underdrive pully's, ignition, dual 16" electric fans and a BB&K Throttle Body. On my next R&R I will be installing 3.90 Richmond Gears, 42# Ford Injectors, Magnaflow high flow cats and the following Troyer performance items: Supercharger, 90 MM MAF and custom tune, I cant wait to get everything done. Look for some pics tomorrow. PS, it is going to the shop next month to be completely re-painted, a deer ran into me, it really did, it hit the side of my truck!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by bobbyhowe
PS, it is going to the shop next month to be completely re-painted, a deer ran into me, it really did, it hit the side of my truck!
They are beautiful trucks, you're keeping with the stock paint job I hope I still can't believe the comments I get, everywhere I go. I love the jet black dash, floor, interior, and the two-toned seating to color match the exterior.

I'll be hanging on to this baby, especially with only 15,000 produced. I sure would like to know if that breaks down to 5,000 for each paint scheme.

How much is the paint job going to run? Or are you hooked up in the dept.?
Old 05-10-2009, 10:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My father in law doesnt know yet just what he's got sitting in his garage! he thinks it's just a really nice truck.

03 Heritage edition with the maroon/black color scheme and 90,000 miles.

Wait'll I tell him this!
He's got blue oval blood flowing through his veins and will crap his drawers!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by whitetrucks
My father in law doesnt know yet just what he's got sitting in his garage! he thinks it's just a really nice truck.

03 Heritage edition with the maroon/black color scheme and 90,000 miles.

Wait'll I tell him this!
He's got blue oval blood flowing through his veins and will crap his drawers!
When I decided a couple of weeks ago I wanted a used F150, I had never thought or heard about these 100th Anniversary Heritage Editions. I just stumbled upon them by picture on the net. I thought it was a cool looking truck. I then found this beauty 6 hours from my home in another sate.

I went and picked her up and have been researching these 2003 Heritage Editions every since then....and couldn't believe that there were only 15,000 produced.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 AM

As promised here are some pictures of mine. I am going to keep the stock colors, everything from the fender flares to the door Jams, to the wiper arms are going to be repainted, its going to run me about $3000, but I also told the shop that they can have it till my next R&R which is December, so they are cutting me about a %50 break on the labor side. The shop has painted numerous show winners, and I want the best job I can get. I am also going to contact Ford to try to get a build sheet for my truck, as you will see in the pictures I don’t have the honeycomb grill, but that’s what was on it when I bought it. I also ordered Ford Original steps for mine, I walked out of the store one day and the passenger side had a huge dent on the bottom side and it was bent almost up to the door, "I was like WTF?, How did that happen?" Still to this day I don’t know how it happened. I didn't get a chance to get pictures of under the hood when I was home this time after I finished the upgrades, but I asked my brother to take some and send them my way, if he ever does I will post some of those. I also have all the original parts I took off my truck, so if I were to ever get rid of it and they wanted it back completely stock all they have to do it bolt them back on, there are not any and will not be any mods that cant be undone easily with the turn of a few wrenches and some hours under the hood.
Attached Thumbnails If you have one, please stop by and post...-dsc_0350-medium-.jpg   If you have one, please stop by and post...-dsc_0366-medium-.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 05-11-2009, 08:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a couple of these trucks in my city and my friend used to have on until he got into an accident. i really like the interior and the paint jobs on them
Old 05-17-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by bobbyhowe
As promised here are some pictures of mine. I am going to keep the stock colors, everything from the fender flares to the door Jams, to the wiper arms are going to be repainted, its going to run me about $3000, but I also told the shop that they can have it till my next R&R which is December, so they are cutting me about a %50 break on the labor side. The shop has painted numerous show winners, and I want the best job I can get. I am also going to contact Ford to try to get a build sheet for my truck, as you will see in the pictures I don’t have the honeycomb grill, but that’s what was on it when I bought it. I also ordered Ford Original steps for mine, I walked out of the store one day and the passenger side had a huge dent on the bottom side and it was bent almost up to the door, "I was like WTF?, How did that happen?" Still to this day I don’t know how it happened. I didn't get a chance to get pictures of under the hood when I was home this time after I finished the upgrades, but I asked my brother to take some and send them my way, if he ever does I will post some of those. I also have all the original parts I took off my truck, so if I were to ever get rid of it and they wanted it back completely stock all they have to do it bolt them back on, there are not any and will not be any mods that cant be undone easily with the turn of a few wrenches and some hours under the hood.
Very Nice. I love these trucks...

Quick Reply: If you have one, please stop by and post...