Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Help! Starting Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Starting Issues

I have a 2000 F-150. About a week ago it died on me and I was able to jump it. So Instantly I thought it was the battery when it soon died right after again. I had the battery tested and it is just fine. So then I thought maybe my starter wires were corroded very badly. I then took the starter off and the wires were ok but thought my starter was bad (it was in horrible looking condition) I purchased a new starter and put that one on the truck. The truck still will not start. All my ignition lights, radio, etc comes on but no turn over. I've had the starter tested & it works fine. Could this be a capaciter/modular issue? I heard that goes bad in the F-150's, I also heard that sometimes the computer key chip in the ignition can go bad as well? Could it be either of these? Has anyone had similar problems? Any suggestions?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:24 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mtrxfordchic
I have a 2000 F-150. About a week ago it died on me and I was able to jump it. So Instantly I thought it was the battery when it soon died right after again. I had the battery tested and it is just fine. So then I thought maybe my starter wires were corroded very badly. I then took the starter off and the wires were ok but thought my starter was bad (it was in horrible looking condition) I purchased a new starter and put that one on the truck. The truck still will not start. All my ignition lights, radio, etc comes on but no turn over. I've had the starter tested & it works fine. Could this be a capaciter/modular issue? I heard that goes bad in the F-150's, I also heard that sometimes the computer key chip in the ignition can go bad as well? Could it be either of these? Has anyone had similar problems? Any suggestions?
Its possible its the chip in the key. Best thing to do is check for power to the switch side of the solonoid on the starter and backtrack from there to find the problem. Try starting it in Neutral and see if that works.

Quick Reply: Help! Starting Issues