Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

help....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help....

ok yall i need help again. so last night i was driving home from school and the truck was running fine, then all of a sudden after i stopped and re accelerated it started to accelerate weird. its really sluggish, and bouncy, then once it hits the peak it will accelerate fine until it shifts. its also idling really low, doesnt act like it wants to shut off though. so let it sit overnight, drove it to class this morning, and when the engine was cold it ran fine, as soon as it heated up, it started acting up. checked the vacuum hoses, replaced the fuel filter, ran seafoam through the gas and nothing has helped. finally through a code, which i had been waiting for all day, went to autozone to get it checked out, and my truck wont register on the reader, its like im not getting any power to the plug. i checked the wires that i could trace and they were all fine. so im lost. truck is an 03, 2wd, with the 4.6 liter engine. the truck has close to 200,000 miles on it, but the engine only has 40,000. new plugs and wires were put on 5000 miles ago.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:55 PM
NOM NOM NOM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jam021
ok yall i need help again. so last night i was driving home from school and the truck was running fine, then all of a sudden after i stopped and re accelerated it started to accelerate weird. its really sluggish, and bouncy, then once it hits the peak it will accelerate fine until it shifts. its also idling really low, doesnt act like it wants to shut off though. so let it sit overnight, drove it to class this morning, and when the engine was cold it ran fine, as soon as it heated up, it started acting up. checked the vacuum hoses, replaced the fuel filter, ran seafoam through the gas and nothing has helped. finally through a code, which i had been waiting for all day, went to autozone to get it checked out, and my truck wont register on the reader, its like im not getting any power to the plug. i checked the wires that i could trace and they were all fine. so im lost. truck is an 03, 2wd, with the 4.6 liter engine. the truck has close to 200,000 miles on it, but the engine only has 40,000. new plugs and wires were put on 5000 miles ago.
Maybe it isn't. It is the same fuse as your cigarette lighter. Try the lighter and see if it works, then go from there.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:07 PM

hey i appreciate it man, after i posted this i looked around the site some more and found that, and thats what it was, i realize i shouldve been a little more patient and searched on here a little longer, but i wasnt in the best of moods. lol. but i replaced the fuse, took it back and its a misfire in the number 4 cylinder, so i replaced the plug and the wires and it seems to be runnin better so far. ive got a little bit of a drive tonight so thatll be the real test.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:12 PM
NOM NOM NOM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Glad it was something simple (hopefully)
Old 03-03-2011, 07:16 PM

haha yeah me too! thanks again for the help though
Old 03-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Josh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your 01 4.6 has plug wires?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:27 PM

oops. my fault....coil packs.

Quick Reply: help....