Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

having problems with my factory alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question having problems with my factory alarm?

so ive just restored my baby and cant figure out the problems im having with my alarm. if im setting in the truck with no key in and hit lock it says theft in red letters on the dash. if i open my door then hit lock it dousnt do it but if i unlock it with the key the alarm goes off like crazy till i unlock and lock them and start my truck. im looking into gettin a new key fob and i want to keep the original alarm( i hate cheesy after market ones that hardly work). if i lock both doors manually nothing happens when i use the key but id like to use the button and a key fob. anyone got any ideas?
Old 01-17-2014, 09:29 PM

Received 182 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by light_duty97
so ive just restored my baby and cant figure out the problems im having with my alarm. if im setting in the truck with no key in and hit lock it says theft in red letters on the dash. if i open my door then hit lock it dousnt do it but if i unlock it with the key the alarm goes off like crazy till i unlock and lock them and start my truck. im looking into gettin a new key fob and i want to keep the original alarm( i hate cheesy after market ones that hardly work). if i lock both doors manually nothing happens when i use the key but id like to use the button and a key fob. anyone got any ideas?
my moms old Kia set the alarm off if you tried to use the key to unlock the doors when it was new in 2009. Have you always used the key to unlock it?
Old 01-18-2014, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i inherited the truck and my dad says he cant remember if it always did it or not but we had a fob and lost it but me personally have always had to unlock it with a key

Quick Reply: having problems with my factory alarm?