Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

got rearended, need rear bumper ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got rearended, need rear bumper ideas

i got rear ended a few weeks ago and did quite a bit of damage to the bedside tailgate and obviously the bumper. its going to my body shop to get a new bedside but i told him to leave it without a bumper cause i want to get one made or buy a bulkier one. so that way if i get hit again its their own problem not mine.
so if anyone could post up their anything but stock rear bumpers that way i can find what to order or start planning out to make that would be sweet

thanks in advance
Old 11-02-2012, 10:15 AM
fxmf4

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by NickGlass
i got rear ended a few weeks ago and did quite a bit of damage to the bedside tailgate and obviously the bumper. its going to my body shop to get a new bedside but i told him to leave it without a bumper cause i want to get one made or buy a bulkier one. so that way if i get hit again its their own problem not mine.
so if anyone could post up their anything but stock rear bumpers that way i can find what to order or start planning out to make that would be sweet

thanks in advance
Post pics
Old 11-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is the one that i have on my work computer, it dented in my tailgate which now wont open, and it shifted my box on the mounting points slid up and dented my cab corner
Old 11-02-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 473 Likes on 426 Posts

Thats why I always have my big a** weight distribution hitch on my truck at all times it will save the back of your truck from damage. As for a new bumper you can try iron bull and fab four.
The following users liked this post:
NickGlass (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 12:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smcox1
Thats why I always have my big a** weight distribution hitch on my truck at all times it will save the back of your truck from damage. As for a new bumper you can try iron bull and fab four.
i had a custom bumper i made from some 2"x2" square tubing on my ford ranger. it saved the entire back of my truck from a car accident but my frame cracked and bent all over.

simplest way is to weld a bar on the frame on each side where the bumper used to mount, then after both are welded to the frame or bolted to the frame weld two longer bars/tubes one on the top and one on the bottom.

something like this http://www.google.com/imgres?q=tube+...:42,s:20,i:257
Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I ever needed to replace my bumper, I always thought it would be nice to build one with a built in toolbox.

Quick Reply: got rearended, need rear bumper ideas