Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Good or Bad idea to Rhino Line my truck?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good or Bad idea to Rhino Line my truck?

want to rhino line my fenders, and the bottom of my doors. basically the whole bottom of my truck. good idea? make it look good? i have a 1999 f150 ext cab 4x4 RED. i thought the black on red would look good. pics would be awesome. thanks guys
Old 12-03-2013, 11:07 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

IMO it just looks cheap, like you got your rockers cab corners ect done and were too cheap to paint it all to match. I wouldn't bother unless it was just a woods truck or something that was just going to get scratched up and hit with rocks anyways. The best looking truck is a clean one, not one someone took a can of plastidip and a can of bed liner to, again in my opinion.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by sportster07
IMO it just looks cheap, like you got your rockers cab corners ect done and were too cheap to paint it all to match. I wouldn't bother unless it was just a woods truck or something that was just going to get scratched up and hit with rocks anyways. The best looking truck is a clean one, not one someone took a can of plastidip and a can of bed liner to, again in my opinion.
understandable
just want something i can put on there that will help it from rusting bad or anything.
i might do the fenders just because i want black fenders but they are really expensive to buy new ones so i might just paint those.
any other opinions anyone?
Old 12-03-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't think it would look too bad, I agree that it might look cheap but if you do it right it should come out good. And some people just hate the black paint whether rhino line or plasti dip cuz it looks like a work truck or an easy way to do the job. I think they also make bedliner in other colors so that might be something to look into too. I tried doing a search cuz I know there are trucks with red/black two tone but only found white/black with rhino lining on the bottom haha either way it wouldn't be bad and would protect your truck from rust, although its probably harder to keep clean because of the texture. I would just do some searches, get an idea of what it looks like and do what you want because you should be happy with your truck
Old 12-03-2013, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by cptBudd
I don't think it would look too bad, I agree that it might look cheap but if you do it right it should come out good. And some people just hate the black paint whether rhino line or plasti dip cuz it looks like a work truck or an easy way to do the job. I think they also make bedliner in other colors so that might be something to look into too. I tried doing a search cuz I know there are trucks with red/black two tone but only found white/black with rhino lining on the bottom haha either way it wouldn't be bad and would protect your truck from rust, although its probably harder to keep clean because of the texture. I would just do some searches, get an idea of what it looks like and do what you want because you should be happy with your truck
i love my truck either way.
just want something that will look decent, give it that nice black out look, and protect it from rust a bit.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:16 PM

Received 171 Likes on 162 Posts

Agreed that it looks cheap
Attached Thumbnails Good or Bad idea to Rhino Line my truck?-image-2631419707.jpg   Good or Bad idea to Rhino Line my truck?-image-2501773395.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:19 PM

Received 171 Likes on 162 Posts

I liked my truck better without the bedlined rockers and plastidip
Attached Thumbnails Good or Bad idea to Rhino Line my truck?-image-2718194828.jpg   Good or Bad idea to Rhino Line my truck?-image-3871737000.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by jferg92
I liked my truck better without the bedlined rockers and plastidip
i like the black renders you got. i might just do my fenders. might actually paint those im not to sure.
i want black fenders but dont wana spend hundreds on new ones.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its your truck do what you want.. You have heard everyones opinion. If you are going to do the flares and rockers take your time and have it done right so it doesnt look extremely cheap. I think on our style trucks it dont look cheap at all Rhino Lined at the bottom IMO.. Good luck!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by 02f150KJS
Its your truck do what you want.. You have heard everyones opinion. If you are going to do the flares and rockers take your time and have it done right so it doesnt look extremely cheap. I think on our style trucks it dont look cheap at all Rhino Lined at the bottom IMO.. Good luck!
now that i saw some pictures i agree
i think im just going to sand the tiny flares that are on it now and paint and gloss them so they actually look good
thanks guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good or Bad idea to Rhino Line my truck?