Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Give me some ideas guys!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me some ideas guys!

had my truck for about 2 maybe 3 months and I got it completely stock I've done some mods to it smoked headlights and taillights window tint 16x8 ar rims with some 285/75/16 mt tires and undercoated the truck for the winter but I feel like it's missing something and I'd like to hear what you guys think!

Old 09-15-2017, 12:24 PM
Now an XLT in Colorado

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,501 Posts

I'd black out the chrome strips on the door trim for sure (or remove the trim altogether). You could go further and do the bumpers and emblems if you wanted. I think it would look great. I'd also get those cubes off the front bumper. They look "tacked on" to me. Maybe move them down into the fog light holes, or into the center section by the license plate (although you need to be careful not to block too much cooling air there). A smoked third brake light Like
THIS ONE THIS ONE
would finish things off nicely. Just know you may need to trim the window surround to get it to set flush. (I did.)

To deal with your bed rust, I'd look around for a flareside bed assembly, but I'm partial to the curvy ones.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Ugly trucks need lovin to

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good looking truck! I'd put a front tow hitch on so you could add on a winch down the road. Take off those cubed lights on the front. And I would take that plastic stick on door ding guards (whatever they are called).

Just my personal opinion as everyone has their own taste when it comes to trucks. What I think is cool might be looked at as ridiculous by someone else. What matters is that you do your truck up the way you like it and not worry about what other people think. You also have to look at it for what you want the truck to do and that will dictate what you need to add or subtract. A front tow hitch and winch is needed by me because I do get stuck in the sand quite frequently here in the desert of Arizona but you may never need one. Instead of buying things that might "look good" but is never used or needed, put that money away for any mechanical repairs that you may need down the road.

Last edited by Mike Nickolas; 09-15-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 09-15-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Nickolas
Good looking truck! I'd put a front tow hitch on so you could add on a winch down the road. Take off those cubed lights on the front. And I would take that plastic stick on door ding guards (whatever they are called).

Just my personal opinion as everyone has their own taste when it comes to trucks. What I think is cool might be looked at as ridiculous by someone else. What matters is that you do your truck up the way you like it and not worry about what other people think. You also have to look at it for what you want the truck to do and that will dictate what you need to add or subtract. A front tow hitch and winch is needed by me because I do get stuck in the sand quite frequently here in the desert of Arizona but you may never need one. Instead of buying things that might "look good" but is never used or needed, put that money away for any mechanical repairs that you may need down the road.
i like the idea of a winch cause I like to take it through some trails around me and I like testing my boundaries in the snow so that would probably come in handy I want a hidden winch though any clue where to get the mount for that? Also the only reason I have the lights there is because the guy before me had some crappy looking tow lights on it and there are now holes where it was mounted and looking at them bothered me other wise I'd put them where the fogs should be. I have been debating getting a third brake light or tinting it myself I've done tons of break light so they usually come out nice!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:43 PM

Received 6,466 Likes on 4,604 Posts

What would set the truck off is a silver or champagne colored bottom. Two tone and your color go SOOOOO nice together.

Stolen from the interwebs:
Old 09-15-2017, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by white89gt
What would set the truck off is a silver or champagne colored bottom. Two tone and your color go SOOOOO nice together.

how about black?
Old 09-15-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 5,529 Likes on 4,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Jtimpano108
how about black?
Ugly IMO.

I'd fix the rust.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by white89gt

Now that's style and GOOD taste.
The following users liked this post:
white89gt (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 04:39 PM

Received 645 Likes on 352 Posts

Truck looks good right now. Id get that rust in check before throwing down more cash into other mods.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:40 PM

Solid looks great at a certain height. 97/98's , best looking 150's of the 10th generation hands down.