Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Gauge/Instrument Cluster Question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Southern 4 Life

Received 96 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Gauge/Instrument Cluster Question.

I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but as you know our instrument clusters are not the "nicest" things to look at. I'm in the classic 1998 year model boat though, where I can't find any complete replacement clusters for my year model. I know there are several nice complete replacement clusters for the 99-03 trucks though. The only thing stopping me from just buying the 99+ is I have the analog, where the 99+ have the digital. My question is, does anybody know of any company that makes a complete replacement cluster for my year model truck? Anybody you might have heard of over the years? I pretty much know, more than think, trying to convert it to digital would be more money and trouble than its worth. My google and forum searches have come up empty so far, if you could help at all, it would be much appreciated.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:12 PM

Received 141 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackThundah
I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but as you know our instrument clusters are not the "nicest" things to look at. I'm in the classic 1998 year model boat though, where I can't find any complete replacement clusters for my year model. I know there are several nice complete replacement clusters for the 99-03 trucks though. The only thing stopping me from just buying the 99+ is I have the analog, where the 99+ have the digital. My question is, does anybody know of any company that makes a complete replacement cluster for my year model truck? Anybody you might have heard of over the years? I pretty much know, more than think, trying to convert it to digital would be more money and trouble than its worth. My google and forum searches have come up empty so far, if you could help at all, it would be much appreciated.
Just do a LED bulb swap and call it done. Put white or blue LEDs in place of the factory incandescents and it'll give your gauge cluster a blue tint to it when you have your lights on at night.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Southern 4 Life

The thing is, I'm not trying to change the color of the leds. I want to change the appearance of the whole cluster. I think it looks just ugly and plain during the daytime. If I have no other options, I'll leave it alone. Just trying to see if anybody, at some point has seen or heard of a complete instrument cluster replacement.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by BlackThundah
The thing is, I'm not trying to change the color of the leds. I want to change the appearance of the whole cluster. I think it looks just ugly and plain during the daytime. If I have no other options, I'll leave it alone. Just trying to see if anybody, at some point has seen or heard of a complete instrument cluster replacement.
There really isn't a whole lot else you can do other than if you found some overlays but they don't always look the best and are a pain to put in.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:00 PM

Received 131 Likes on 121 Posts

Go on eBay and search 98 f150 gauge overlay
The following users liked this post:
Cmanjr (09-20-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 12:59 AM

Received 5,550 Likes on 4,627 Posts

I object, I like my 98 cluster. When all the little lights work.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:12 AM
Southern 4 Life

Haha Your objection is noted. Might have found a company that makes something nice, that fits my truck. I will just have to see if they get back with me.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jbrew
I object, I like my 98 cluster. When all the little lights work.
Or don't work depending on the reason for said light lol

Quick Reply: Gauge/Instrument Cluster Question.