Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans (https://www.f150forum.com/)
-   1997 - 2003 Ford F150 (https://www.f150forum.com/f6/)
-   -   Exhaust Clip library (https://www.f150forum.com/f6/exhaust-clip-library-200002/)

BrowningSCrew 03-15-2013 07:51 AM

Exhaust Clip library
 
Another member came up with this idea, I'm just kicking it off. Post up your YouTube exhaust clips so that guys that are wanting a different sound have a place to look with different setups to see what they like or don't like. This is not a brand debate thread so don't start a Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs (whoever you like) or trash another members system like what tends to happen on some threads. When you post be sure to tell what motor and include how many cats, pipe diameter, duals or singles, what kind of tip you have, and any other notes.


I'll start both systems are with a Flowmaster 40, 2.5" pipe and a 3" resonator tip.
With just the front cats off

All of them off
It doesn't cackle as much as the video shows, its loud when you're on it but at highway speed it doesn't drone

OTG02 03-15-2013 09:19 AM

This is mine. 2002 4.2L V6 all cats still in place si/do muffler srry can't Remember the name of it. It's not a flow master I think is some off brand. The shop I got it done at said it was a very good one. I agree. It's 2.5 inch pipe and just your regular chrome angle cut tips. No resonator.


Dholla 03-18-2013 04:09 AM


Took me literally 45 minutes to find a spot to take the video since living in a city where people are everywhere sucks HAHA but the video is alright, i'll take a better one tomorrow and i'm not a fan of putting the camera behind the exhaust pipe so i did the video this way
[MENTION=45175]BrowningSCrew[/MENTION]m: that's eventually what im gonna do to my truck, i just have other things to fix first. Nice sounding truck though :)

BrowningSCrew 03-18-2013 09:00 AM


Originally Posted by Dholla (Post 2529224)
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byWdIoc3HFw

Took me literally 45 minutes to find a spot to take the video since living in a city where people are everywhere sucks HAHA but the video is alright, i'll take a better one tomorrow and i'm not a fan of putting the camera behind the exhaust pipe so i did the video this way
[MENTION=45175]BrowningSCrew[/MENTION]m: that's eventually what im gonna do to my truck, i just have other things to fix first. Nice sounding truck though :)

Thanks man

ibd2328 03-18-2013 10:03 AM

Thanks for the thread Browning.
5.4L , Muffler Delete, Rear Cat Delete, Front-High Flows with 02's, True Duals with X pipe for a little back pressure.


BrowningSCrew 03-18-2013 10:16 AM


Originally Posted by ibd2328 (Post 2529673)
Thanks for the thread Browning.
5.4L , Muffler Delete, Rear Cat Delete, Front-High Flows with 02's, True Duals with X pipe for a little back pressure.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2tFjXO_2GQ

That sounds mean, probably what I would have done if my truck had came stock.

ibd2328 03-18-2013 10:31 AM


Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew (Post 2529722)
That sounds mean, probably what I would have done if my truck had came stock.

I had a set of long tubes on it a while back. Was hauling my sisters Traverse about 200miles (combined weight with trailer was close to 9000lbs) and I guess the pressure surmounted and blew the end of the header pipe off of the existing pipe. I eventually sold them to a friend here at home.

Damn that was a loud ride back though.

BrowningSCrew 03-18-2013 10:36 AM


Originally Posted by ibd2328 (Post 2529776)

I had a set of long tubes on it a while back. Was hauling my sisters Traverse about 200miles (combined weight with trailer was close to 9000lbs) and I guess the pressure surmounted and blew the end of the header pipe off of the existing pipe. I eventually sold them to a friend here at home.

Damn that was a loud ride back though.

I'd say so, rolling monster truck style

ibd2328 03-18-2013 10:42 AM


Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew (Post 2529790)
I'd say so, rolling monster truck style

haha I heard a loud popping sound and suddenly, all I heard was the exhaust coming out right under my floorboard. It was super annoying! I prefer the exhaust to come out the back.

BrowningSCrew 03-18-2013 10:44 AM

I would say so, I have a minor manifold leak and its way annoying

ibd2328 03-18-2013 11:05 AM

Yours sounds so clean. Love the rumble as well. Sounds perfect.

BrowningSCrew 03-18-2013 11:52 AM


Originally Posted by ibd2328 (Post 2529898)
Yours sounds so clean. Love the rumble as well. Sounds perfect.

Thanks!

01f1502wd 03-18-2013 12:57 PM

Ill play,
stock headers and cats, 14" magnaflow just welded where the stock muffler was,




then came the long tube headers, resonators, dual electric cutouts, x-pipe, borla XR-1 mufflers tipped before the rear tire




97' F250-LD 03-18-2013 03:38 PM

idk if the link will work but here's mine:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=573802985978771" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Just a 2.5" straight pipe in place of the muffler with a 90 degree bend and dual tips.

97' F250-LD 03-18-2013 03:41 PM

Doubt that worked, so here's a link to it instead:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...95511487903733

01f1502wd 03-18-2013 03:49 PM

^that worked. sounds good.

kebF150 03-18-2013 04:26 PM

This is my truck
 
03 F-150 with all the cats and no muffler. Not quite sure for the muffler tips though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qpb6QZxbP4

F-ReV 03-18-2013 04:36 PM


Originally Posted by 01f1502wd (Post 2530178)
Ill play,
stock headers and cats, 14" magnaflow just welded where the stock muffler was,

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw8GtyywqeE

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38D5RQL_PaM

then came the long tube headers, resonators, dual electric cutouts, x-pipe, borla XR-1 mufflers tipped before the rear tire

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3CJQ6_OS0o

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4thckUJH1G0

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFJE181Pe4

That sounds incredible I'm jealous haha love the sound it's exactly what I want

BrowningSCrew 03-24-2013 12:19 AM

Bumpage for more people to post

MXRIDER55 03-24-2013 12:26 AM

Cherry Bomb Vortex SIDO Cat Back with all four cats in place.

01f1502wd 03-24-2013 09:22 AM


Originally Posted by F-ReV (Post 2530774)
That sounds incredible I'm jealous haha love the sound it's exactly what I want

haha thanks! I kinda want to switch to some Magnaflows...but that make make them sound not as good...so Im sticking with the Borlas again

MyFX4Project 03-24-2013 10:35 AM

Heres mine. OBX long tubes true dual, no cats, x pipe, 2 14" Magnaflows, 3.5" tips.

Some real life sound not just rev in the driveway :)
**Before gears

01f1502wd 03-24-2013 10:43 AM

^you get much drone with them maggies?

MyFX4Project 03-24-2013 10:45 AM


Originally Posted by 01f1502wd (Post 2548514)
^you get much drone with them maggies?

I don't really have any other setups to compare with, but it doesn't ever bug me when I'm driving or give me a headache. I love it.

ibd2328 03-29-2013 06:00 PM

When I get bored and don't want to waste gas.... I always come to this thread :)

01f1502wd 04-03-2013 11:58 AM

bump this thread.

had a mic under the truck just above the mufflers, I need to put it somewhere else, seems like it is too loud where its at currently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFt_3...ature=youtu.be

OTG02 04-03-2013 02:33 PM


Originally Posted by OTG02 (Post 2521641)
This is mine. 2002 4.2L V6 all cats still in place si/do muffler srry can't Remember the name of it. It's not a flow master I think is some off brand. The shop I got it done at said it was a very good one. I agree. It's 2.5 inch pipe and just your regular chrome angle cut tips. No resonator.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k6YCWERY8I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think I'm the only 4.2 V6 on this thread lol. I think I am. If I read em all right.

01f1502wd 04-03-2013 10:15 PM

heres a better video for yall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_neE...ature=youtu.be

ibd2328 04-03-2013 10:28 PM


Originally Posted by 01f1502wd (Post 2582703)

Not bad

01f1502wd 04-03-2013 10:52 PM


Originally Posted by ibd2328 (Post 2582773)
Not bad

Thanks I love the sound of it. I forgot to mention, in the begining I had the cutouts open, didnt close em till I got on the road after the highway.

TheKing1985 04-29-2013 08:49 PM

I knew there was an exhaust thread, took me a while to find it. Figured I would post mine... For now its just a cat back 3 inch single system with a 16 inch Dynomax Ultraflow SS muffler. In cab video obviously with the windows up.


Plague 04-30-2013 02:05 PM

Bump it with my own exhaust setup. True dual exhaust with Magnaflow high flow cats, Magnaflow 14" DI/DO muffler, 2.5" mandrel bent pipe, and 4" Corsa tips.
http://youtu.be/ABxtVFCTPsk

Trigger206 05-18-2013 06:34 PM

This is for anyone that wants to know what a stock exhaust sounds like if you cut off the muffler.

2001 Screw 5.4 v8

http://youtu.be/X3Pb-zEBKOo


I plan on doing a Si/Do flowmaster 40 series

pro f150 05-18-2013 07:29 PM


Originally Posted by Trigger206 (Post 2704486)
This is for anyone that wants to know what a stock exhaust sounds like if you cut off the muffler.

2001 Screw 5.4 v8

http://youtu.be/X3Pb-zEBKOo

I plan on doing a Si/Do flowmaster 40 series

Im sold im cutting out my flow master muffler

Trigger206 05-18-2013 09:19 PM


Originally Posted by pro f150 (Post 2704579)

Im sold im cutting out my flow master muffler

Lol. It's not very aggressive sounding but it sounds pretty good at idle and low rpm's. this is how they should have sounded from the factory. A little grunt but not much bite. I want to do a flowmaster 40 series on it next.

BalesFords123 06-11-2013 11:19 PM

Would a truck with no cats sound much different than a truck with just 2 high flows? Or would a truck with just primaries sound much different than a truck with high flows? Does an h vs x make much of a sound difference?

BrowningSCrew 06-11-2013 11:21 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2762701)
Would a truck with no cats sound much different than a truck with just 2 high flows? Or would a truck with just primaries sound much different than a truck with high flows? Does an h vs x make much of a sound difference?

Yes to all of that. No cats, straight pipe sounds like crap. Primary's only will be louder since they're smaller cats. And the X vs X isn't as much a sound thin as much as a flow thing.

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 10:11 AM

You think true duals with rear cat delete would sound good? Should I add an h pipe? 2 1/2"

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 10:11 AM

No mufflers**

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 10:46 AM

Would a single 4" catless be too outrageous?

BrowningSCrew 06-12-2013 11:14 AM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2763550)
Would a single 4" catless be too outrageous?

No cats with no mufflers on these trucks are obnoxious and sound like crap.

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 11:20 AM

Even with single?

BrowningSCrew 06-12-2013 11:21 AM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2763667)
Even with single?

Yes

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 11:31 AM

Why do front cats alone make such a difference? I heard one on YouTube with si/do 4" straight pipe with rear cat delete that sounded pretty nice

BrowningSCrew 06-12-2013 11:41 AM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2763706)
Why do front cats alone make such a difference? I heard one on YouTube with si/do 4" straight pipe with rear cat delete that sounded pretty nice

They need something in the system to baffle them a little and cut the noise some.

Mudder5 06-12-2013 12:05 PM

I dont know the inches of my pipe but the two cats are cut out and i have no mufflers on a Y pipe it sounds great loud too but i like it

Mudder5 06-12-2013 12:08 PM


Originally Posted by Trigger206 (Post 2704755)

Lol. It's not very aggressive sounding but it sounds pretty good at idle and low rpm's. this is how they should have sounded from the factory. A little grunt but not much bite. I want to do a flowmaster 40 series on it next.

Do a 44 series my buddy got the 40 series an he regrets it they arent loud enough at all with all the cats on

BrowningSCrew 06-12-2013 12:12 PM


Originally Posted by Mudder5 (Post 2763772)

Do a 44 series my buddy got the 40 series an he regrets it they arent loud enough at all with all the cats on

They're quite loud without them lol my neighbor said he can hear my truck start every morning and there's a big chunk of woods between our houses lol

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 12:20 PM

Everyone think 4" would be a safe size?

Mudder5 06-12-2013 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2763459)
You think true duals with rear cat delete would sound good? Should I add an h pipe? 2 1/2"

How are u gonna do true duals with rear cat cut?? True dual is when theres two pipes on each side of the engine running out And wat i have is the orignal pipe running from the engine with two cats cut out then it meets and make a Y so i have duals not true duals. Those in the pic i think are true duals not an X pipe

Mudder5 06-12-2013 12:23 PM


Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew (Post 2763781)

They're quite loud without them lol my neighbor said he can hear my truck start every morning and there's a big chunk of woods between our houses lol

What you have?

BrowningSCrew 06-12-2013 12:28 PM


Originally Posted by Mudder5 (Post 2763803)

What you have?

Flowmaster 40 with no cats
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...e_gdata_player

Mudder5 06-12-2013 12:31 PM


Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew (Post 2763812)

Is that any cats at all?

BrowningSCrew 06-12-2013 12:36 PM


Originally Posted by Mudder5 (Post 2763817)

Is that any cats at all?

None. I cut them all and did the Gotts o2 sensor mod so no codes thrown.

Mudder5 06-12-2013 01:09 PM


Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew (Post 2763828)

None. I cut them all and did the Gotts o2 sensor mod so no codes thrown.

Ohh nice

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 02:22 PM


Love the sound of this

BrowningSCrew 06-12-2013 02:42 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2764007)

He still has all 4 cats if you read the comments.

Mudder5 06-12-2013 02:44 PM

My truck has a deeper muscle tone to it

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 02:54 PM

Yea I noticed it had all 4, just wondered how it'd be without cats, or without 2

BrowningSCrew 06-12-2013 02:59 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2764076)
Yea I noticed it had all 4, just wondered how it'd be without cats, or without 2

Did you listen to IBD's setup?

Mudder5 06-12-2013 02:59 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2764076)
Yea I noticed it had all 4, just wondered how it'd be without cats, or without 2

http://youtu.be/BX73w6pQgfc.

Thats my truck there couldnt rev it cause the neighbors would get mad

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 03:11 PM

That sounds good bud. And is IBD's the true dual straights with just high flows? Because I liked that, but the 4" sounded deeper

Mudder5 06-12-2013 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2764117)
That sounds good bud. And is IBD's the true dual straights with just high flows? Because I liked that, but the 4" sounded deeper

A true dual straight pipe is when there two pipes coming from the engine with no cats and no mufflers at all

This is IDB's. ????

Mudder5 06-12-2013 03:37 PM

Are yall measuring the width od the tip? By u saying 4"

BrowningSCrew 06-12-2013 03:40 PM


Originally Posted by Mudder5 (Post 2764155)

A true dual straight pipe is when there two pipes coming from the engine with no cats and no mufflers at all

This is IDB's. ????

Yep

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 07:52 PM

Can anyone tell me which length tips would be best if I wanted to have the kind of "tucked" looks with em 45'd? Links would be great too, 3"id 4"od stainless

Mudder5 06-12-2013 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2764746)
Can anyone tell me which length tips would be best if I wanted to have the kind of "tucked" looks with em 45'd? Links would be great too, 3"id 4"od stainless

15 inch

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 08:54 PM

I can't find those anywhere. Mostly 12" or 18". Found 20" for a good price but I want them to tuck some

Mudder5 06-12-2013 11:48 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2764877)
I can't find those anywhere. Mostly 12" or 18". Found 20" for a good price but I want them to tuck some

I was joking those are like stack widths get 4"

BalesFords123 06-12-2013 11:51 PM

I thought you meant length not width, and would you recommend a certain brand?

Mudder5 06-13-2013 12:00 AM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2765558)
I thought you meant length not width, and would you recommend a certain brand?

Magnaflow or flowmaster tips

BalesFords123 06-13-2013 12:09 AM

Having a hard time finding em in the right size

Mudder5 06-13-2013 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2765621)
Having a hard time finding em in the right size

These work?

BalesFords123 06-13-2013 12:20 AM

I checked summit but couldn't find much in 3"in 4"out stainless

BalesFords123 06-14-2013 09:44 AM

Yea ik I've found some in right size but not stainless

sumidor063 06-14-2013 07:00 PM

'01 5.4, Flowmaster Force II cat-back, all cats intact. Skip to 1:50 if you don't want to listen to/watch anything but the exhaust noise. Will take another video at a later date with camera closer, and not in a garage.


03FX4604 06-14-2013 07:10 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2763706)
Why do front cats alone make such a difference? I heard one on YouTube with si/do 4" straight pipe with rear cat delete that sounded pretty nice

Your trucks not a diesel never do 4 inch on a gas truck. Keep it to 3 inch max for a single

BalesFords123 06-14-2013 07:19 PM

It wouldn't work even if the front piping is still the 2 1/2 by the cats? And tails were only 3"?

03FX4604 06-14-2013 07:20 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2769904)
It wouldn't work even if the front piping is still the 2 1/2 by the cats? And tails were only 3"?

Sure it could work, an exhaust shop will pretty much fab up anything. But your truck will be a dog and have to torque

BalesFords123 06-14-2013 07:48 PM

How much of a difference would it make over 3"? I just want deep, loud, and no mufflers

ibd2328 06-14-2013 09:23 PM

3-4" tips aren't gonna matter.

BalesFords123 06-14-2013 10:29 PM

Don't mean tips, I mean piping

BrowningSCrew 06-14-2013 10:32 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2770253)
Don't mean tips, I mean piping

It's too big for a gasser, tips that big will be fine, but the entire exhaust will be too big. You'll feel a huge loss in low end power and I'm certain it will sound like garbage being that big.

BalesFords123 06-14-2013 10:43 PM

So you think si/do 3" straight would be better?

BrowningSCrew 06-14-2013 10:45 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2770278)
So you think si/do 3" straight would be better?

Yeah probably if its cat back

BalesFords123 06-14-2013 10:54 PM

Primary cat back. I just want deeper than true dual straights

BrowningSCrew 06-14-2013 11:00 PM


Originally Posted by BalesFords123 (Post 2770312)
Primary cat back. I just want deeper than true dual straights

Honestly I'd put fillers for the big cats, do the Gotts o2 mods and run one 2.5 pipe off the main Y pipe to the back axle and split it there into 3" to kick out the sides like you want with 4in tips. 4" is a pretty large pipe for a gasser and it looks goofy if not done right.

BalesFords123 06-14-2013 11:20 PM

I just wanted it for the sound, because in that video it did sound good. But if it'd be that bad for the truck then not worth it

Mudder5 06-28-2013 11:51 AM

Okay my buddy with a 02 5.9 ram is gettin his muffler cut off today he said his truck only has one cat so hes leavin it on my truck has two rear cats cut off an no mufflers whos going to be louder?
Like are fords cats weaker than a normal cat or somthin like that's the reason they use 4 cats?

01f1502wd 06-28-2013 12:03 PM

cats primary function is to reduce emmisons that come out the tail pipe and reduce some sound, mufflers are used mainly to reduce drone/ db levels and even out the sound coming out (like a harley lopes and rattles and shakes when its idling, add a big muffler and its quieter, smoother and doesnt shake.)

he said his has one cat, I assume the manifolds come back into a Y-pipe then into the cat and out to the muffler? If so his will be louder than yours. you can take off all 4 cats and put in the o2 sensors with the spark plug non-fouler mod so the sensors dont read all the gases, just some that come into the non foulers, therefore not throwing any codes, when you go in for inspection the tech will hook up the machine to your OB2 port to run for any codes being thrown, none will show up and you pass. easy! Thats what I did when I had my OBX SS long tube headers and resonators (look like cats but are hollow)

BrowningSCrew 06-28-2013 12:07 PM


Originally Posted by Mudder5 (Post 2799673)
Okay my buddy with a 02 5.9 ram is gettin his muffler cut off today he said his truck only has one cat so hes leavin it on my truck has two rear cats cut off an no mufflers whos going to be louder?
Like are fords cats weaker than a normal cat or somthin like that's the reason they use 4 cats?

Probably the dodge... They are obnoxious straight piped

Mudder5 06-28-2013 12:10 PM


Originally Posted by 01f1502wd (Post 2799701)
cats primary function is to reduce emmisons that come out the tail pipe and reduce some sound, mufflers are used mainly to reduce drone/ db levels and even out the sound coming out (like a harley lopes and rattles and shakes when its idling, add a big muffler and its quieter, smoother and doesnt shake.)

I know a cats function i was wonderin why ford uses 4

Mudder5 06-28-2013 12:10 PM


Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew (Post 2799705)

Probably the dodge... They are obnoxious straight piped

Dang lol i have another buddy who has a true straight pipe on a dodge an its crazy loud

01f1502wd 06-28-2013 12:11 PM


Originally Posted by Mudder5 (Post 2799710)
I know a cats function i was wonderin why ford uses 4

becuase they can! :thumbsup:

Mudder5 06-28-2013 12:12 PM


Originally Posted by 01f1502wd (Post 2799712)

becuase they can! :thumbsup:

Lol good one im glad they do cause it gives you more sound choices

BrowningSCrew 06-28-2013 12:54 PM

I wouldn't be jealous of them. I'd rather have a truck that sounds good than just a loud one

Mudder5 06-28-2013 01:07 PM


Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew (Post 2799797)
I wouldn't be jealous of them. I'd rather have a truck that sounds good than just a loud one

Oh im not i wqs wonderin my buddy with the red one that has a true straight pipe loves my truck. Alot of people say its great soundin especially for a straight pipe cause we all know how obnoxious an crappy straight pipes can sound

chris.f150 07-01-2013 08:44 PM

Anyone got any vids of just series 10 or 40 with stock pipes and all?

BalesFords123 07-01-2013 10:42 PM


Originally Posted by chris.f150 (Post 2806648)
Anyone got any vids of just series 10 or 40 with stock pipes and all?

I think it'd be pretty weak, not much gain in tone or volume. Maybe I'm wrong but idk

BrowningSCrew 07-01-2013 10:43 PM


Originally Posted by chris.f150 (Post 2806648)
Anyone got any vids of just series 10 or 40 with stock pipes and all?

My original setup was that minus 2 cats, yours would sound the same but a little quieter


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 2017 F150Forum.com