Engine Builders talk. - Page 118 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Engine Builders talk.


 
 
 
Old 07-02-2014, 10:24 AM
  #1171  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
ibd2328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8,355
Thanked 411 Times in 330 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bobkyle2 View Post
I hoping for 1hp per cubic inch
So 458 hp? Lol
ibd2328 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:56 AM
  #1172  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: XX
Posts: 14,421
Thanked 1,027 Times in 959 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fordmotorsport View Post
YouTube lifted silverado 2500hd, that thing is nasty sounding
Bet I could have some fun in that thing....until it breaks.


Screw the Pro-Charger, - it's the engine that's built right. Sounds really good! Healthy w/BIG Cams.. -Fords sound better when built up well, with that kind of power.....Block, HEADS, then roots owned (safe)..

Fun stuff, specially those Hill climbs and Dune rides

BTW- Did you notice how quick that truck was even with the tires spinning ? Mann, - that's like perfect power down low. Guy did a great job from what I saw, wonder what his numbers are?

Last edited by Jbrew; 07-02-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Jbrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 AM
  #1173  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
fordmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Thanked 55 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jbrew View Post
Bet I could have some fun in that thing....until it breaks. Screw the Pro-Charger, - it's the engine that's built right. Sounds really good! Healthy w/BIG Cams.. -Fords sound better when built up well, with that kind of power.....Block, HEADS, then roots owned (safe).. Fun stuff, specially those Hill climbs and Dune rides BTW- Did you notice how quick that truck was even with the tires spinning ? Mann, - that's like perfect power down low. Guy did a great job from what I saw, wonder what his numbers are?
I don't know but they have to be up there? I'm guessing he has some mid 4 gears or higher in that thing to rip off the tires like that..and some healthy hp
fordmotorsport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
  #1174  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: XX
Posts: 14,421
Thanked 1,027 Times in 959 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fordmotorsport View Post
I don't know but they have to be up there? I'm guessing he has some mid 4 gears or higher in that thing to rip off the tires like that..and some healthy hp
Guess I should say. Pro-Chargers can really suck on the low side, with a stock or mild build as far as "usable hp" - BUT with a build like that (around 500 hp), that Pro Charger wakes right up from the light. That's a benefit that type of charger needs. When it's there, you have some crazy horse power lol.

A good example, - a lot of Dragsters used Pro-Chargers..- probably still do.

So I'm thinking that engine was probably pro built and/or built with a Pro-Charger in mind.

If I had to guess, he's getting more than 500 hp once that Pro charger comes alive... and it comes alive VERY quickly with that type of configuration.

Yea, that's a ton of rubber to spin, let alone take off like a rocket lol.
Jbrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:57 PM
  #1175  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
fordmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,733
Thanked 55 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jbrew View Post
Guess I should say. Pro-Chargers can really suck on the low side, with a stock or mild build as far as "usable hp" - BUT with a build like that (around 500 hp), that Pro Charger wakes right up from the light. That's a benefit that type of charger needs. When it's there, you have some crazy horse power lol. A good example, - a lot of Dragsters used Pro-Chargers..- probably still do. So I'm thinking that engine was probably pro built and/or built with a Pro-Charger in mind. If I had to guess, he's getting more than 500 hp once that Pro charger comes alive... and it comes alive VERY quickly with that type of configuration. Yea, that's a ton of rubber to spin, let alone take off like a rocket lol.
Yeah centris are a different animal than roots or screw, I had a vortech 96 cobra at about 490hp with 3:73 gears and I'd like to had 4:10 for even more low end getup
fordmotorsport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:25 PM
  #1176  
Resident Forester
iTrader: (1)
 
jprevat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,959
Thanked 599 Times in 579 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Edit I forget MMR supercharger cams



I will. Just need to recoup $$. Have a pile of parts with no return so far. What do you guys think a shop would charge for header back system the y's into a single 3" if I provide the muffler and tip?
I would think it wouldnt be over 300
jprevat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:34 PM
  #1177  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: XX
Posts: 14,421
Thanked 1,027 Times in 959 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jprevat View Post
I would think it wouldnt be over 300
That's because it's a Chevy.
Jbrew is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:55 PM
  #1178  
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,842
Thanked 83 Times in 82 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jbrew View Post
That's because it's a Chevy.
It wouldn't cost over 300 dollars cause.... it's a Chevy? LOL
Jacob.P93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:06 PM
  #1179  
Senior Member
 
charliedyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tallahassee, Fl
Posts: 2,926
Thanked 143 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jacob.P93 View Post

It wouldn't cost over 300 dollars cause.... it's a Chevy? LOL
LOL. Jbrew is on the booze again.
charliedyal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:00 PM
  #1180  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: XX
Posts: 14,421
Thanked 1,027 Times in 959 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by charliedyal View Post
LOL. Jbrew is on the booze again.
Not even. Great idea tho
Jbrew is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: