Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Eeek! Mice in the cab!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eeek! Mice in the cab!

This has been a recurring problem and I'd like to fix it once and for all. Mice are making themselves comfortable in my '99 SCAB and I'm not sure how they are getting in. Seems they are holing up in the floorboard heater vents above the tranny tunnel but how on earth do they get in? It's always fun when wifey opens the door to get in and a mouse scurries under her seat. Lol I've used those mouse poison logs and they seem to work but they are too smart for a mouse trap and always come back. Not a big deal but the interior is beginning to smell like mouse ****. Any ideas?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ok this is weird because i was just dealing with this today....about 2 weeks ago i poped the cover off on top of the dash where the air bag modules and junk is and there was a nest. i cleaned it out and put out traps and no luck. well last night i noticed i had nest like seeping onto my gauges. (btw if anyone could tell me how to remove the dash piece that goes over the gauges thatd be great...) anyways ive tried everything to get em out and last night i put peanut butter scented glue traps nailed to a piece of wood on the floor board and put a piece of cheese in the middle of each of em. this mornin i had caught two! couldnt get to the nest to clean it though cause cant figue out how to remove that piece of dash. but you might wanna try glue traps with cheese. works like a charm.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Get some glue boards that have an attractant in them, and leave them in the truck overnight.

Mice only need 1/4" of space to squeeze through something.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will try the glue boards tomorrow. I guess it's just a matter of taking care of them when they show up then.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:27 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the same problem in my ranger but didn't know until I turned on my heater and got covered in nest material!!! You can only imagine how gross that stuff was... They built the nest in the fan.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:47 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

don't feed your cat for a couple days and tell him he's got a sleep over in your truck...
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a ton of lizzards in mine one day and I needed to drive to work in a hurry so I just hopped in and drove off they were climbing and jumping all over the plave
Old 01-28-2013, 09:21 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Say what??

Originally Posted by xfordmanx
.... and last night i put peanut butter scented glue traps nailed to a piece of wood on the floor board and put a piece of cheese in the middle of each of em. ....you might wanna try glue traps with cheese. works like a charm.
I have a mouse problem also, but what is a peanut butter scented glue trap? Where do you get them? I put peanut butter on a regular mouse trap in my basement, and it stayed there untouched and finally evaporated away. I think my mice are genetically altered to distrust peanut butter.

I find the turds everywhere, and they hoard seeds, corn, and cat food (outside cat) behind boxes etc. I need help.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gkos_
I had a ton of lizzards in mine one day and I needed to drive to work in a hurry so I just hopped in and drove off they were climbing and jumping all over the plave
Sorry but I kinda laughed when I read ur post. Lol. U get them all out?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glue boards, dollop of peanut butter in the middle...hope for the best.

Quick Reply: Eeek! Mice in the cab!