Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

e-fan and cup holder questions please help and input is good :)

Old 02-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-fan and cup holder questions please help and input is good :)

hey guys so im lookin to put in some efans but with the switch im not so sure has anybody hooked it up to the thermostat relay?? it seems like tht would make it an automatic fan to cut on when ever the thermostat is engaged?? AND i need a new cupholder i broke it completly outta my truck do i replace the tracks or can i just buy a new one plug it up and push it in???? thanks buddyyyysss
Old 02-18-2011, 03:47 PM
*Ford Truck Girl*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go to a junk yard you may be able to find a replacement cup holder. Make sure you have two flat head screwdrivers to release the clips. If you order one from the stealership, it comes with rails. I had to do that because the one in my truck was broken when I bought it (used). Hooking up the light is a bit of a pain but doable. If you can't find one on a wrecked vehicle, be prepared to pay at least $100.00 or more. Have no idea about e-fans.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Squishy Heads

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get an e-fan controller they run like 60$ it's run off a thermostat.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea ill deff prowl the junk yards for some stuff and 60 bucks? i think id rather wire it straight to the relay with a inline fuse
Old 02-19-2011, 05:32 AM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,818 Posts

There is a writeup on this forum about installing electric fans in our trucks. You can just type in "electric fan" and it will come up with them.

I personally liked the one where they use the efan from a Mark 8 Lincoln. I found one for $35 on eBay and ordered the adjustable t/stat for dual fans so that I could use the high and low speeds and the AC cut/out. That kit was another $50. So all in all, $85 for a 4000 cmf efan system on a 98 SCab with 4.6 AT and AC. The fan fits the F150 radiator almost perfectly. The kit is adjustable from 170 to 240. It runs at low speed when it first comes on, then to high if it excedes the settings on the thermo unit. Nice little conversion, and NO noise from the clutch fan. Quite a good way to go if I say so myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: e-fan and cup holder questions please help and input is good :)