Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

DDM Tuning HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Horse Man

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default DDM Tuning HIDs

Has anyone used them? I have ordered some for my headlights and fogs.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Received 369 Likes on 301 Posts

Get ready to be flashed all the time.
All these things do is spray light everywhere. If you want HID's, you need to do a retrofit with projector housings.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Horse Man

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blupupher
Get ready to be flashed all the time. All these things do is spray light everywhere. If you want HID's, you need to do a retrofit with projector housings.
Wasn't there a thread where someone did a retrofit on these trucks? I was looking the other day and couldn't find it.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:29 PM

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by loganhorse

Wasn't there a thread where someone did a retrofit on these trucks? I was looking the other day and couldn't find it.
Yep Browning did it. Look in the lighting thread... I can't remember if it was stickied or not
Old 12-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Yup, here it is

It does cost quite a bit more, but the output (and not being flashed) is worth it.
It is on my to do list.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:46 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

To answer your question. Yes. I've been in my buddy's car that has them. He's had them for a couple months now and they look good and perform well. They are a cheap kit, I don't know how well the ballasts will hold up to rough off-road use, but for the price of replacement ballasts they offer, it's probably worth it. The DDM Tuning hids my bro has in his car light up the night better than my halogens. I've seen brighter HID's but they were from kits that were $600+. I'll be buying Highs, Lows and Fogs from DDM soon.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Originally Posted by BrittonN
To answer your question. Yes. I've been in my buddy's car that has them. He's had them for a couple months now and they look good and perform well. They are a cheap kit, I don't know how well the ballasts will hold up to rough off-road use, but for the price of replacement ballasts they offer, it's probably worth it. The DDM Tuning hids my bro has in his car light up the night better than my halogens. I've seen brighter HID's but they were from kits that were $600+. I'll be buying Highs, Lows and Fogs from DDM soon.
From all the drivers you will be blinding with scattered light from them, thanks.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:06 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Besides the fact that putting HIDs in housings designed for halogens is illegal and blinds on coming traffic, DDMTuning is garbage. If your going to do it order retrofitsource.com kit.

I'm guilty of it, just trying to steer you to a better kit if your going to do it.

Wayne
Old 12-03-2013, 07:07 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by blupupher
From all the drivers you will be blinding with scattered light from them, thanks.
I have projectors. Your Welcome.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Originally Posted by BrittonN
I have projectors. Your Welcome.
HID projectors or halogen projectior housings? And yes, they are different.
If you have those e-bay projectors all in one things those are designed for halogens, and HID bulbs in those will blind others.

My wife's car has OEM projector housings (for halogen bulbs) and I put some PnP HID's in it. While not as bad as in a regular (non projector) housing, it still had a lot of light scatter. I did not get flashed, but when she drove toward me at night, it was noticeably annoying and I would have flashed high beams at her if it was not her.
I took them out after about a month.

Quick Reply: DDM Tuning HIDs