Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Dash Lights Have gone out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dash Lights Have gone out!!!

So i have a few post on here asking for help on a few problems ive been having with my truck... Like my over drive light flashes while i drive. but thats not why im writing this post... so ive had my truck for years and the dash lights have always worked fine, but last week i hopped in my truck at night and started it up and turned everything on and i noticed half of my dash lights went out.. like i cant see my oil gauge battery or fuel gauge while its dark.. i have to turn on my overhead light to see how much gas i have left this sucks!!! my dash is so dark now when im driving faster then 30 i can see where my speed is at but anything under 30 i cant really tell how fast im going.... does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?? is it a fuse some kind of bulb behing the dash? im not sure maybe someone out there has put an aftermarket dash in and can tell me how hard that is.... Well thanks guys i appreciate any help i get on this site its awesome.... i have a 98 150 5.4L with a 177,000 on it... oh and if you guys have any ideas on why my over drive light sometimes flashes while im driving i would greatly appreciate it too.. thats the really annoying thing on my truck is that overdrive light just keeps flashing on and off constantly while i drive... but it doesn't happen every single time i drive though I'd say about maybe 2 to 3 times a week this happens.... thanks again guys... Matt
Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 PM

this my freid shoud be bulbs head on to auto parts or auto zone nd they should have them just ask them i had that same problem you have to take the cluster out and apart but after that its straight forward i had that same problem in my 98
Old 03-22-2010, 04:37 PM

o sorry that was for the dash lights and its not hard at all buddy should take 30 minutes or less as for that light coming on when you drive are you sure its not the swithc on the door?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:56 PM

I had a similar problem just bought my truck and none of the dash lights worked. When I replaced the headlight switch everything worked great again. Picked the switch up for 10 bucks at the local junk yard. But it does sounds like its just bad lights. Switch is just a thought.

Quick Reply: Dash Lights Have gone out!!!