Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Convincing the Parents- Photoshop help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 PM
03' King Ranch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb Convincing the Parents- Photoshop help?

I dont have photoshop or the skills to do this even if I do!

I want to do some mods and this way I can show the parents and maybe convince them to let me get started Lol!

Anyway...here it is...Please and thank you in advance!!

Well It's a good bit lol, but no rush and if you cant do some its cool. I'm trying this out to hopefully convince my parents to leat me do some of these mods and stuff.

-Harley Davidson Edition grille... and maybe another pic of it PTM
-Leveled
-PTM the chrome part of the bumper with the Tan part of the 2 tone
-Darker Tinted windows
-I'm getting Retrofitted Projector Lights so if you could just PTM the entire housing of the headlight with the white of the truck
-these tails-http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1116174..._2171_13191308
-this 3rd brake-http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1116174...2173_113173549
-these wheels 20"-http://www.streetdreams.org/wheels/x...tar_chrome.jpg
-33" BF Goorich All terrain tires...Maybe others that look good? Its gonna be a street queen so nothing too agressive lol
-PTM Tailgate handle
-Delete the Texas Edition Badges and add newer model F150 and KR Badges
-PTM the blue of the badges on front and rear to the white of the truck and the Ford white lettering to the Tan of the truck.

Thanks SOOOO much! Trying to convince my parents and they wont have it...maybe some pics will help!

Here are a bunch of pics from diff angles so maybe yall will have good ones to work with, thanks again!

Last edited by Smitha6; 09-06-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or just order/do the stuff and deal with the consequences later. That's what I did and then my rents thought my truck looked nice so they were cool with it. As long as you don't invest too much time and money that it affects other parts of your life why not? I assume it's your money and not theirs.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:47 PM
GIGGITY

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Big. D
Or just order/do the stuff and deal with the consequences later. That's what I did and then my rents thought my truck looked nice so they were cool with it. As long as you don't invest too much time and money that it affects other parts of your life why not? I assume it's your money and not theirs.
X2. Dad has already told me. My money, my truck. I pay for it all, i can do what i want. They may not like it. But oh well. Ive got friends with credit cards that will order stuff offline for me and ill pay them with a check. And read on here for a while.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:55 PM
03' King Ranch

Originally Posted by Big. D
Originally Posted by Wondertwin1
X2. Dad has already told me. My money, my truck. I pay for it all, i can do what i want. They may not like it. But oh well. Ive got friends with credit cards that will order stuff offline for me and ill pay them with a check. And read on here for a while.
O Trust me! I wish i could...But the truck was a gift and I'm not out of college yet and the title to the truck is in my dads name so yeah....

Right now even tho its "my truck" its still HIS truck until the day I graduate and he puts the title in my name

Even if I did buy all the stuff myself, put it on myself, or do it all while i'm away at college where they wont see...my dad is the tyoe that will either make me take it all off at my expense and sell the truck for going against him...or sell the truck entirely.

By doing this my hope is maybe convincing them to let me do a few things slowly before I graduate...Grille, lights, stuff like that.

Ya know? lol

At least I know when I graduate I will have enought money...In the Navy reserves now so thats bringing in an income then when I graduate I will be an officer (I go to The Citadel) so thats a good pay check!

OMG I CANT WAIT!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:01 AM
GIGGITY

Originally Posted by Smitha6

O Trust me! I wish i could...But the truck was a gift and I'm not out of college yet and the title to the truck is in my dads name so yeah....

Right now even tho its "my truck" its still HIS truck until the day I graduate and he puts the title in my name

Even if I did buy all the stuff myself, put it on myself, or do it all while i'm away at college where they wont see...my dad is the tyoe that will either make me take it all off at my expense and sell the truck for going against him...or sell the truck entirely.

By doing this my hope is maybe convincing them to let me do a few things slowly before I graduate...Grille, lights, stuff like that.

Ya know? lol

At least I know when I graduate I will have enought money...In the Navy reserves now so thats bringing in an income then when I graduate I will be an officer (I go to The Citadel) so thats a good pay check!

OMG I CANT WAIT!!!
Whats the citadel like?? They tried gettin me.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dang that sucks man.. im 15 and i turn 16 in 4 months my mom bought the truck gave it to me and said your getting one if you break it you gotta fix it! and i can do whatever i want with it, good luck
Old 09-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Resident Metalhead

I hear ya man, my dad was the same way when my sister, brother, and me all got our trucks (we're all over 5 years apart, yet we all got essentially the same trucks and have them to this day, weird). Each time though, he eased his ruling when we all took the route to make our trucks everyday workhorses, but on the other hand, if we had decided to make our trucks pavement pounders, he probably would've set fire to our trucks personally.

Back on subject though, I wish you luck on winning him over so you can make it more of your style.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:41 AM
GIGGITY

Originally Posted by Jawsh
Back on subject though, I wish you luck on winning him over.
This is something you should never say to man, about another man.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:03 AM
03' King Ranch

Originally Posted by Wondertwin1
Whats the citadel like?? They tried gettin me.

After te first year its not bad, just gotta get thru that.

I would be a junior this year but taking a year off, money issues, thats why i'm joining the reserve, to get money to help parents pay and go back next school year...with about 30K
Old 09-07-2011, 06:33 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like this is a problem only you can do. We can't convince your parents of nothing...

If I were you I'd just suggest asking if you can do anything to the truck that won't affect the suspension or drivetrain so he doesn't have to worry about that. Just ask to PTM stuff and like new headlights and taillights and such. But this isn't really an issue any of us can help with.

Quick Reply: Convincing the Parents- Photoshop help?