Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Can't decide which route to go...

Old 08-12-2016, 01:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can't decide which route to go...

Alright so I'm wrapping my truck because I don't have the garage to paint it and I like the idea of wrap. I've played around with some test strips and I'm not sure which way I wanna go. Just got the truck and I don't like the paint job. So let's wrap it! Here some pictures...not perfect I was testing the look. And it was super hot out.

The hood is wrapped in gloss black. Not as glossy as I'd like.

Urban camo?

Edges don't look good but I only spent 5 minutes on it. Just to get a look.

Or maybe I'll go with a gun metal grey? So many choices, let me know what you guys think...
Old 08-12-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't like it at all. I hate to be rude but you asked lol
Old 08-12-2016, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by F150Screw5.4
I don't like it at all. I hate to be rude but you asked lol
It's not rude if I asked lol I'm just not sure what I'm going to do. Really don't want to save up for a paint job. Kinda just wanna wrap the whole truck and be done. You didn't like the black on the hood?
Old 08-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Some guy

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,279 Posts

Not a huge fan of either, but of the two, do the black and not that God-awful camo. Also, remove those red stripes on the side. Again though, just my opinion.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Martian
Not a huge fan of either, but of the two, do the black and not that God-awful camo. Also, remove those red stripes on the side. Again though, just my opinion.
Yeah I'll be getting rid of the res for sure. Kinda curious how a gun metal/ silver would look. Might just order some more rolls of black and black out the whole truck and be done with it.. I'm so indecisive
Old 08-12-2016, 01:49 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by cgrim321
It's not rude if I asked lol I'm just not sure what I'm going to do. Really don't want to save up for a paint job. Kinda just wanna wrap the whole truck and be done. You didn't like the black on the hood?
I don't man, since wraps usually have small wrinkles in them, it makes it look like it was rattle canned.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:21 PM

Received 185 Likes on 179 Posts

Honestly, the hood looks like it was spray painted. While I don't personally like the urban camo, I like the idea of it because no one else does it and it sure is a head turner.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Red-Ford
Honestly, the hood looks like it was spray painted. While I don't personally like the urban camo, I like the idea of it because no one else does it and it sure is a head turner.
Yeah I'm kinda screwed. It does look crappy. I don't believe it's the wraps fault, I think it's the paint job underneath it. Very uneven and hazy. Matte would probably cover and make it look better but I don't like the look of matte unless it's on a sports car. Lol but the camo idea came about when I saw a picture of a tundra that was wrapped in urban camo with black trim. I'll post a picture. But yeah I don't have time to strip the truck down to metal and do it correctly until next summer. Just looking for something decent until then. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-12-2016, 03:54 PM

I think this looks good... I just got the truck and it's all stock. But many mods to come.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:04 PM

Received 399 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by cgrim321
Yeah I'm kinda screwed. It does look crappy. I don't believe it's the wraps fault, I think it's the paint job underneath it. Very uneven and hazy. Matte would probably cover and make it look better but I don't like the look of matte unless it's on a sports car. Lol but the camo idea came about when I saw a picture of a tundra that was wrapped in urban camo with black trim. I'll post a picture. But yeah I don't have time to strip the truck down to metal and do it correctly until next summer. Just looking for something decent until then. Anyone have any ideas?
plasti dip the whole truck. Who ever did that paint job wouldn't be my friend lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can't decide which route to go...