Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

A/C Pros-No A/C Tried everything!!!

Old 06-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default A/C Pros-No A/C Tried everything!!!

I'm at wits end here fellas, need some A/C experts!

I recently charged my system, gauges read just fine when done. Compressor is cycling as normal, discharge line is ice cold and dripping condensation as it should but the air from the vents is ambient!

I proceeded to tear the lower part of the dash apart because I assumed I had the common blend door motor failure or broken blend door, neither was bad and functioned as normal!

What am I missing? The System worked fine last year.. is it possible the evaporator core is completely clogged somehow?? What else can I look at? The discharge line is cold all the way to my firewall where it goes into the HVAC box behind the dash...
Old 06-28-2012, 10:47 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

First off, how much did you put in the system? Also what exactly did the gauges read? When you say the hvac doors are ok- are you sure it's the temp door you are inspecting? Have you ever replaced the receiver drier or the orifice tube?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Take it in ro a shop so that they can evac it- take out all old freon, moisture n put in fresh new stuff to right levels. If u overfill it wouldn't work right
Old 06-28-2012, 11:00 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Agree with above, are you sure you were looking at the blend door and not the function door?

Am not the expert, but if air flows out all registers as is selected and is only ambient temp, obviously something is caput. Suggest putting on the gauges again and recheck pressures.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:24 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, positive I'm looking at the blend door and blend door motor! I've been a mechanic for 15+ years but I fully admit I'm not an A/C expert by any means.

My guage set is a harbor freight, set not high quality at all but they've never failed me before. I believe the low side pressure was reading 25-30psi if I recall. Pressure switch was also checked and tested OK.

No I have not replaced the reciever/dryer or orifice tube...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C Pros-No A/C Tried everything!!!