Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Body Lift Tools

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Body Lift Tools

Has anyone that's done a body lift have a list of the tools they used? I am about the attept to put mine on, but not at my house. I would just like to know what all I need to take.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:16 PM
4v > 2v

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by JStarr
Has anyone that's done a body lift have a list of the tools they used? I am about the attept to put mine on, but not at my house. I would just like to know what all I need to take.
You might need a grinder if your bed bolts wont come out, they are known to twist and strip out. Torx bits for taking out the interior. Large channel locks to hold bushings under front of cab. Lots of various wrenches and sockets. A drill with a GOOD bit for the rear bumper relocation. If the bit sucks, you'll be there for a while. You'll want a long cheater bar to help get most of the bolts out.

You'll want air tools if possible and also a few buddies to help you lift the cab/bed.
The following users liked this post:
JStarr (12-28-2012)
Old 12-28-2012, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by MyFX4Project
You might need a grinder if your bed bolts wont come out, they are known to twist and strip out. Torx bits for taking out the interior. Large channel locks to hold bushings under front of cab. Lots of various wrenches and sockets. A drill with a GOOD bit for the rear bumper relocation. If the bit sucks, you'll be there for a while. You'll want a long cheater bar to help get most of the bolts out.

You'll want air tools if possible and also a few buddies to help you lift the cab/bed.
Thanks! Should I just buy some new bed bolts to stay ahead of the curve? Or will some random same size bolts work?
Old 12-28-2012, 01:55 PM
4v > 2v

Originally Posted by JStarr
Thanks! Should I just buy some new bed bolts to stay ahead of the curve? Or will some random same size bolts work?
They should come with the kit. They are going to be 3 inches longer because of the spacers between the frame and the bed. This will be the same for all of the bolts holding the body to the frame.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by MyFX4Project
They should come with the kit. They are going to be 3 inches longer because of the spacers between the frame and the bed. This will be the same for all of the bolts holding the body to the frame.
Duh. Sorry. Apparently my brain had an absent moment. I'm an idiot sometimes. haha
Old 12-28-2012, 02:10 PM
4v > 2v

Haha no worries it happens to all of us.

Quick Reply: Body Lift Tools