Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

block heater questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Bruski

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default block heater questions

I've got a block heater on my 99 xlt sport. when I first got the truck I did not notice it but when I did I thought it was pretty cool. I went to test it and nothing. Had it plugged in for several hours and still cold at start up. Any suggestions?? I haven't investigated the heater itself so I don't know much about it. Im assuming its a freeze plug type heater, not for sure though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, esp with winter coming.
Thanks in advance!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My 01 XLT Sport has the same thing. Is yours Canadian? The first digit of the vin should be a 2 if it is. Mine is that's why I'm asking. I also disabled those stupid DRL's too. Anyway ...

When I got my truck I was poking around it up on a lift at work. I found that the block heater wasn't plugged in on the block. It goes to a replaced freeze plug on the drivers side. If you see a freeze plug with 3 prongs sticking out of it, look for the flat cord that is the block heater. I plugged in mine and it made a difference.

Check that and let us know. I've also seen some Canadian Expeditions and Aerostars have block heaters.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Bruski

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea its a canadian truck, I figured that why it had the block heater. I was going to investigate it today but its been rainy and windy all day so ill have to do it tomorrow.

Quick Reply: block heater questions