Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Best way to remove door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Best way to remove door panels?

what is the best way to remove the door panels, I got some new door speakers and I was wondering what the best way to pull them off is?

98 xlt, power locks/windows (is that enough info NGM?)
Old 03-23-2007, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it power windows or do you have a crank... its kinda a pain in the *** but i guess the best way to figure it out for your truck is just to go and mess with it until you get it there are prolly some screws to take off, plastic rivits and window crank if you have one but once your have all the screws off and stuff they should just pop off
Old 03-23-2007, 08:37 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Well damn I am at a disadvantage on this one. I am away from the shop..lol. Let me take a stab at it though. There should be 2 or 3 screws around the door handle that mount it to the door. Possibly a screw or 2 on the bottom, maybe not. There may be a screw in the top hinge corner. To gain access to the screws near the handle it might be necessary to pop a piece off of the handle to gain access. After you get the screws out CAREFULLY pry the bottom of the door panel out and look at it from underneath. If it has the pop in little rivets take a flat blade screwdriver and pop them out of the door. If it looks like the panel just hooks on at the bottom, just pull up on it and it should come right off.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:20 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

If it's like the 02 I had it doesn't have pop in rivets. You need to pull up on the power window switch panel (pull up on the front closet to the hinges). There is one or two screws to remove. Pop the panel at the door handle and there is one or two more screws in there. I think there are also two screws at the bottom of the panel. I think there is a small panel that I had to pull stright out at the left side above the panel, If so there is one screw in there. From what I can still remember from removing mine that was it. You just need to lift the panel up to remove it.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Ty

take off the front mirror panel, then the panel on the back of the door, then you will be able to take out the two screws that hold the top on. then pop off the power window/door lock panel, unplug, and set aside. then reach inside, and pop off the small, quarter sized cover right behind the handle. Then unscrew the handle and remove. lift up on the door panel, and then remove the door light, and the panel is now free, and can also be set aside.

I replaced the speakers in my Dakota, and it was about the same.

I had both speakers replaced in about 2 hours including soldering up the connections, and modifying the screws.

The only reason why I got the speakers was because I got 120 dollar infinity speakers for 50 bucks brand new.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have a 97 f-150 with power windows and i have replaced my door speakers and its easy . just pop off the two pieces in front of the window and behind then pop off the cap over the door handle bolt then get a 10mm socket and extension and loosen the bolt then pull the handle out then all u gotta do is pull straight up on the door panel itself and undo the wires goin to ur swiches and door panel light
Old 03-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Ty

haha, thanks for the help, but I already got it. Read my last post.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dang i wish i would have read that ....that took a pretty good while to rite ..haha
Old 03-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Ty

lol, tell me about it, I hate it when Write something then accidentally hit the back button instead of the left arrow when I am editing it.

Quick Reply: Best way to remove door panels?