Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Anybody running BFG All-terrains?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:49 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Anybody running BFG All-terrains?

This summer i've gotta put new tires on my '03 and am thinking about BF Goodrich All-terrains. Does anyone have any personal expercience to vouch or complain about them?
Old 03-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Chris

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

i dont personally have them on my truck but my dad has them on his excursion (they're 285/75/r16) no complaints, hes had them since november '05

tire life is good, good grip, aggressive look for sure

hes got like 30% left on them if that at all, so its time for new ones

check out the goodyear wrangler silent armor pro grades, theyre also a very good tire with a nice tread, not as an aggressive look to them as the BFGs but they do have good wear and grip, my uncle has them on his f250 and loves them and ive got them on my f150, plus theyre cheaper than the BFGs right now..atleast where i live. if you want some pics of the tire let me know

hope this helps
Old 03-24-2010, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had them on quite a few of my trucks. They are great on road and really good for trails and some rocks. Aggressive design but long wearing and pretty quite. If you want to save a few bucks, go to pep boys, they have the definity dakota A/T. Same tread pattern as BFG but i think a 60k mile tire
Old 03-24-2010, 08:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Definity Dakota A/Ts, knock off of the BFG A/T on my '78 and they were great tires. They had an excellent tread pattern, that was great in the mud, never even came close to getting suck, I even pulled a few people out without them running.

They also had an excellent tread life, I drive pretty aggressively, and I did quite a few burnouts with them and never had to worry about wearing the tires down that much.

If I wasn't looking to replace my current all-seasons with M/Ts, I'd definitely go with the BFG A/Ts.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have only driven them off road when they were brand new on my friends jeep grand cherokee and let me tell you they chewed through everything off roading has to offer except sand. My friend happens to be an idiot and not care about his jeep btw. We took thing through everything. There was a mud hole covered in about 3 inches of ice and under that about a 3-4 feet of mud and water, these tires chewed through the ice then the mud, I was impressed to say the least. Unfortunately they dont seem to be wearing very well, and the rubber treads seem pretty soft, but other people seem to think they dont wear that bad.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Sideways :-)

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedXlt
I have only driven them off road when they were brand new on my friends jeep grand cherokee and let me tell you they chewed through everything off roading has to offer except sand. My friend happens to be an idiot and not care about his jeep btw. We took thing through everything. There was a mud hole covered in about 3 inches of ice and under that about a 3-4 feet of mud and water, these tires chewed through the ice then the mud, I was impressed to say the least. Unfortunately they dont seem to be wearing very well, and the rubber treads seem pretty soft, but other people seem to think they dont wear that bad.

everything but sand haha wheel spin experience. dont let off the throttle great tire tho

Quick Reply: Anybody running BFG All-terrains?