Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Aftermarket Remote start?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket Remote start?

ok so i installed a crimestopper remote start in my truck and as i go threw the exit procedure i turn the module on after i set the break i exit the truck shut the door and it automatically turns the truck off and is in remote start mode, but when i want to remote start it from outside it wont unless i open the door then the truck starts so i think i have the door trigger wire wrong? any idea? i have it hooked to the light in the driver door right now, so its starting when it sees that 12 volts i need it to start when it sees 12 volts with the door closed and when it opens it goes to ground? i have no clue were the actual door trigger is on these trucks, its hiding somewere i guess.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well first problem is a crimestoppers system lol astrostart or compustart ftw. but if if works fine as soon as you open your door, you are right to think door trigger hooked up wrong. i think these pickups are ground side switched (if i remember right, hopefully someone can chime in on that) so gotta make sure get it hooked up right for that. and get a wiring diagram for the pickup and hook up the right way to the door switch. you can find the wire either in drivers kick panel or under dash, no need to run it to the door.

ill try to get on fmcd and check the wire color for you later.

Last edited by jayson_waltz; 03-08-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It pissed me off so I riped it out

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Remote start?