Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

4x4 NOT WORKING AT ALL 03' f-150 ESOF

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 NOT WORKING AT ALL 03' f-150 ESOF

Looking for some advice about my 4wd not working. When i turn the 4x4 switch to 4hi nothing happens same as 4lo(putting it in neutral while stopped etc). i wasnt getting any idiot lights when i started the truck 4x4 or low range but just bought a new esof/gem and now they come on. i also tried a new switch (on the dash) n that didnt change anything either. next i checked the solenoids under the hood and found that i have constant power to both of them all the time, 14v when the truck is running, but the one on the right (looking fwd to rear/pink hose) is sucking all the way down to the diff. from what i have found out only one should have power at a time, and it stays like that wether i have the switch in 4wd or 2wd it makes no difference. also i checked the solenoids pretty good and am pretty sure the left has bad seals and needs to be replaced. not getting anything at the transfer case motor either. i just read about a transfer case control module but not sure the truck even has one, im uneducated about that right now, but i hear it could be related to a grounding issue causing my solenoids not to work right if it does even have one. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: 4x4 NOT WORKING AT ALL 03' f-150 ESOF