Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2002 rear sliding window molding trim strip

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 rear sliding window molding trim strip

Hi all, newbie here with a very frustrating situation. The piece of rubber trim that surrounds the plastic molding on the outside has split at the seam. It has no bearing whatsoever on the sealing of the window it just covers the gap between the plastic molding and the window to give it a finished look. The Ford dealer cannot order just that part. The part diagram that they printed out doesn't even show it. Apparently it comes with the window as part of the install kit. Well, that window portion costs $376!!! Has anyone experienced this problem and been able to find a replacement part or is it something that an auto glass shop would have to fabricate special?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:27 PM

I had a similiar problem and thats how i got started onto this site. The gasket that goes between the metal cab and plastic window molding broke. I took it to an Auto Glass shop and they fixed it for me. It can cost you alittle more than you think for this if they need to remove the window or window trim. Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:53 AM

Thanks. I'm sure it will cost much less than $376. It looks like they should just be able to snap a piece of molding around that edge and push it down in between the cab and the plastic molding. We'll see.

Quick Reply: 2002 rear sliding window molding trim strip