Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2000 f150 lariat 60/40 seat swap HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 f150 lariat 60/40 seat swap HELP

I've searched for two days in the forums on how to do a 60/40 bench swap to expedition Eddie Bauer bucket seats and console. I have managed to find bits and pieces of the swap. Some say bolt holes are already threaded some say they need to be tapped. The link every one has posted does not exist any more with the how to instructions and list of tools needed.

Im not trying to get stuck with my seats out and need
to run to the store to get something I didn't know I needed. Please help.

Forgive me for this post if it is in the wrong place I'm a noob.

So as of now I have a 2000 lariat with tan leather 60/40 bench seat with drivers side power seat cushion.

I will be swapping to two Eddie Bauer captains chairs and expy center console.

im not concerned with bolt on application seems as though we have that covered in multiple threads. What I am concerned about is electrical

if they are heated seats how do I go about wiring the seats to work.

also is it plug and play? I already have a power drivers seat. (I'm assuming Ford didn't change the plugs.

If there is a how to on this and I missed it can you post the link below of any info on how to do it would be helpful. If not just a list of tools so I don't get stuck with the seats out.

I will be posting pictures of the swap for forum purposes and possibly a video to help future seat swappers.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:12 PM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Lets start by saying that Ford did indeed change the plugs for the power seat thru the Gen 10 series. My 98 takes a different one than the 99 Expy bucket seats I put in. Some use flat terminals and other bullet connectors.

Yes, I did this very change and I used the EB leather seats and console set up, but they had no heat in them. They Expy they came from had every option, including sunroof, adj pedals, and such, but no heat in the butt area.

I just checked my wiring diagram for the 2000 and don't see any heated seat option in the schematics. It may be in another area, if even used that year, and if it does have heated seats (doubtful from an 98-2000 EB). You'd have to add a relay and harness to the box for the heated seats. HS take an awful lot of power, like a cigarette lighter, so the draw would be too much without a relay.

Until you know for sure what you have, I'd go with the non heated way. You could always add the relay/harness at a later time.

For the seats, they were simple to install. The only place on a 60/40 that needs to be questioned is the right side, inner front. Mine was drilled for the bolt, where as my other truck is not. Remember, the seat bolt is like a self threader, and has the 3 sided style thread, that a small impact gun will install this very quickly and perfectly, after drilling a hole if necessary. T55 is the bit for the seat r&r.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:26 PM

Thank you akdoggie. That is very helpful. The heated seat option was my hope. But if it doesn't then I could keep my captains chair now. I could just swap the passenger and add the console.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:31 PM

But the seats are coming from a 2001 EB
Old 12-02-2016, 08:40 PM

So here is the update. The seats were in great condition and got them at a fair price.

From a 2001 EB EXPY. They are heated!!!!

The drivers seat had memory power as well.

passenger side is just hear and manual slide.

Console is in fair condition. Didn't need the 6disk changer and all the wiring for head phones and air controls for the back. The back passengers in my truck will get heat of air when I choose the floor option.

Passenger seat
Passenger heated seat wiring
Drivers seat
Drivers seat wiring
Drivers seat wiring --- heated seat
I think this is memory module
Closer pic of memory module ?
Old 12-02-2016, 11:15 PM

Since the Gen 10's wiring schematics don't show any heated seats other than a Navigator or Expeditions. Here is a wiring schematic from one that will give you an idea of what you might need to hook up. I hope you pulled the drivers seat harness from Expy. You might need a part or all of it. Also there is very little difference in the Explorer's wiring schematic for the heated seat/memory version. (119-1 and/or 119-2, section of the electrical manual will get you to the sections)
Attached Thumbnails 2000 f150 lariat 60/40 seat swap HELP-heated_seats.jpg  
Old 12-02-2016, 11:34 PM

I found an 03 schematic. Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails 2000 f150 lariat 60/40 seat swap HELP-picture_php_pictureid_50958_0ca32d4023b1044044c2d39b267dbea6b8337eb4.jpg  
Old 12-05-2016, 12:25 PM

So I did find a how to for the seats. It was in the super crew section. With a full EB conversion.

I ended up taking the motor and slide frame from my old seat and just bolting it on to the new seat go plug and play. Working on figuring the wiring for the heated seats.

Old 60/40 bench seat
Eddie Bauer captains chairs with console installed
Hauling the trailor for work.