Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2000 5.4 leaking oil at crossover/Im

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 5.4 leaking oil at crossover/Im

I've done a bunch of research and I know this topic has been beat to death on the forums to I apologize in advance if my questions have been answered and I missed them along the way.

I was just given a 2000 f150 5.4 for free. It's leaking coolant in the usual spot on the passenger side right at the coolant crossover IM Union. The repair seems pretty straight forward and definitely within my abilities. The truck only has 152k so I'm not just looking for a band aid.

My questions are:

1. Should I go with an aftermarket Dorman manifold? The correct one I found for the 5.4 says egr not compatible so I'm unsure if that will work. I live in California btw.

2. Should I try and find an aluminum upper from a '99 or a manifold from a later year truck, what years will work?

3. Get another used manifold from a wrecker for a 2000? Just worried this will happen again down the line. I don't want to do the rtv/flat gasket fix looking for something a bit better.

I plan on replacing oil, coolant, spark plugs. Are there other parts you guys would recommend changing while I'm in there?

Last off thanks a bunch. I'm a big contributing member on the accord and integra forums and I just roll my eyes when I see newbies asking questions that have been throughly discussed. Try and go easy on me lol.

Quick Reply: 2000 5.4 leaking oil at crossover/Im