Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

1999 F150 Roush Mark Martin Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 F150 Roush Mark Martin Special Edition

I'm new to the forum, I posted this over on the Introduction thread, just thought I would post it here too.

I don't have an F 150, but my father-in-law has a 1999 F150 Mark Martin Limited Edition truck that he bought new in 1999. Seems it has a Roush (5.4 litre) engine in it, at least the sticker on the firewall signifies that. It is a BEAUTIFUL truck (& boy does it run good), has about 35,000 miles on it but I'm having a hard time finding any info about it. It has paperwork with the truck that states there were a limited production (500) of these made & that his is number 24.

The plastic center hub on the front right wheel is broken & we're trying to locate a replacement for it. The center is silver & says "Roush" on it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Maybe someone here on this forum also owns one? I'm in Oklahoma, he bought his on the east coast when he lived out there, since then he moved to Oklahoma.

I've attached a picture of it. Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated.

My toy is a 1966 Cobra kit car, my father-in-law & I go to car shows together & have a great time!

Thanks,
Randy
Attached Thumbnails 1999 F150 Roush Mark Martin Special Edition-2006_10070003.jpg  
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 PM

Thats one wierd looking truck....Can you tell him to remove the mudflaps?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:54 AM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree, gotta get rid of the mudflaps. Im gonna have to do some searching. Ive got a 99 f 150. never heard of this truck.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Just found this....If i can find more i will post it. Hope it helps

Q: I've seen photos on the Internet of an alleged 1999 NASCAR truck. Was an official NASCAR truck produced in 1999?
A: Nothing factory built in 1999. Many appearance items (such as the NASCAR tape stripe on some ’99 models) are Regional or dealer modifications designed to help move metal. Neither manufacturing nor Sales & Marketing keeps records on these “one-offs.”

sounds like a hit and miss sorta thing. rare truck. it might be tough to find that part.

Last edited by cole_ford; 11-11-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:44 AM

Well, Whoever answered that Q: was hella wrong...

The 1999 F-150 Nascar Edition
What makes a NASCAR truck?
  • 1998 F-150 regular cab, short box, 2 wheel drive
  • 4.6L V8 engine (stock F-150 engine) with FOU1 computer code
  • Black paint with special NASCAR graphics on the box sides and tailgate
  • Grey interior with NASCAR embroidery on the seat backs and floor mats
  • Special mesh grill
  • Goodyear A/S tires with yellow-lettering
  • Special 16" x 7" 10-spoke black aluminum wheels
  • The truck was lowered 1 inch
  • Dual stainless steel Roush exhaust tips
  • Roush front air dam
Questions & Answers about the NASCAR F-150

Thanks to Ford Motor Company for providing us with an exclusive interview with the people involved in creating this beautiful truck.
Q: How many were produced?
A: 3,000 in total. Order code 94N
Q: Why was it produced?
A: First year of Ford’s 5-year contractual status as “official truck of NASCAR” coincided with NASCAR’s 50th anniversary… F-150 team members felt this was significant enough to warrant a special vehicle. Went from concept to production in only 17 weeks… an extremely short time for this sort of thing.
Q: Was the truck available at all dealers or just select dealers?
A: The truck was a regional rather than national package, available mainly in Ford’s southeastern Regions (areas where NASCAR is big).
Q: What plant was the truck built at (or was it outfitted by Roush after it rolled off the assembly line)?
A: It was built only at Norfolk Assembly Plant. Roush was only a parts supplier

See?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Bleeds FORD Blue

sorry if you thought i was wrong. but hes not talking about that one.. I know about that one, we have one locally, but thats not the same as what he has. his picture states that clearly. the trucks are totally different. I never said there wasnt a nascar edition. hes looking for a supercharged, extended cab. I dont think I was wrong. we are talking about two different trucks. just look at ur pictures.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:18 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Dunno about the rarity of the truck but looks nice and clean!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 AM

I know this sounds silly but why not contact Roush about the truck? Companies like Rousch, Saleen, Steeda, etc are the best place to go if you have a vehicle that's been modified through them, I'm sure they'd be willing to help or point you in the right direction. The link to Rousch is:

http://www.roushperformance.com/
Old 11-11-2008, 11:20 AM

That truck did not come like that stock. The 5.4 is just a 5.4, nothing special. As for the center caps....they say roush on them so my first guess would be to get one from them.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by claviz13
That truck did not come like that stock. The 5.4 is just a 5.4, nothing special. As for the center caps....they say roush on them so my first guess would be to get one from them.

Sorry to disagree with you, but he DID buy the truck just like it is now from the dealer back in 1999 (minus the mudflaps). He is the first owner of that truck. Maybe the dealer installed the stripe pacakge, I'm not sure about that.

I wonder why there is a Roush sticker on the firewall that even has a serial number on it. There's something in that engine, I've been in other F150's V-8's & they certainly don't run like this one. it's got some nice gears in it too.

I was on the Roush website before, didn't find them, I'll check again.

Quick Reply: 1999 F150 Roush Mark Martin Special Edition