Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

1)seat belt buckle question 2)rear window trim removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1)seat belt buckle question 2)rear window trim removal

1) The passenger side rear seat belt female end doesnt work. The black plastic piece that is on the outside of it got pushed down so that the inside of the buckle came out and now it wont stay buckled. Is there a way to replace just the female buckle piece or do I have to replace the whole seat bottom? Our rear seat is the one that folds out/down so there is a black plastic bottom (which I dont like, I like the '99-'03 style seats better). Not the ones that fold up. I looked and didnt really see any way to get the buckle out of the seat.vI kind of need to get this fixed soon so our three kids can ride in the truck.

2) Im wondering if its difficult to remove the trim piece around the outside of the back window. Does it just pop off or is there more to it? I would like to paint/plasti-dip it black. Its an ulgy light grey kind of color. And it bugs me a little.

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
NOM NOM NOM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

To take the rear surround off, you must take the glass out with it. Then it will need re-sealed when you put it back in.
If it's not leaking, my advice is to not remove it. Just tape it off and paint it. It's MUCH easier.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought maybe it would just pop off like a trim peice or something and it does leak if I take it through a car wash but its not too bad. So I will do what you said when it comes time to paint it. Ill just tape verything off instead of removing it.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 1)seat belt buckle question 2)rear window trim removal