Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

01 supercrew 4.6 needs motor help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 supercrew 4.6 needs motor help.

Well this is my first post, and first gas truck in 8 years and I'm just boggled as what to do. Been searching and replacing parts and I'm just getting fed up with buying and replacing with no results.

The truck runs ok, but just seems to struggle to rev up. I scanned it and said a o2 sensor was bad so I replaced that, new air filter, new fuel filter, previous owner gutted one cat so I did the other and has a 50 series flow master on it. Just yesterday when I was going to change the plugs I noticed one of the coil pack pigtails was replaced and loose on the coil using cheap butt connectors so I re did the butt connectors with heat shrink ones and sealed it, but the harness fit a bit loose on the coil so I bent the ends to make it fit snugger.

The problem is when I take off and say put the throttle to half way and hold it power seems to kinda come and go, without pressing or letting off at all. I understand this isn't going to run with my 400hpcummins, but there is defiantly something going on.

Planning on changing all the plugs this week and getting a tuner ASAP.

Future plans are either a supercharger or turbo, but I wanna fix the current issues before ramming air into it.

Thanks for being easy on a converted diesel guy.

Matt

Quick Reply: 01 supercrew 4.6 needs motor help.