Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Part Sales

For Sale: "Cubby" hole switch panels!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 09:41 PM
F150 Owner & Operator

Received 297 Likes on 202 Posts
Default For Sale: "Cubby" hole switch panels!!

Cubby" hole 3 switch panel
Now in stock & ready to ship!!

PRICE: $19.95
Free USA shipping!
(Canadian shipping: additional $12.00 usd)

Payments: PayPal is preferred.
I will send an invoice to the buyer to pay. If you don't do PayPal... You can simply send a check.

These are designed to mount 3 Carling/OTRATTW type switches.

This 3 switch panel will ALSO fit the DVR side ONLY if you do NOT have an OEM Trailer Brake Controller (TBC)

Here's the details & "how to"....

First off, modification and minor trimming is required, and unbolting the PASS side airbag will be required to access the dash panel bolt in order for the dash panel to be removed.

The "cubby" mounted in the dash panel is plastic welded/fused and needs to be removed...
and due to the fact that there is NO area that the switch panel can be bolted in, the only solution is to epoxy these switch panels into place. I have tested & completed 6 of these for testing and R&D and ALL results have been successful!!!

I have tested 3 different types of epoxies from: Permatex 5 min 2 part epoxy, JB Kwikweld, and "Sugru" mouldable glue. (I will give my opinion and recommendation later in the thread...but again... ALL are permanent & work GREAT!!!!!)

This may not be for everyone, but it's actually quite easy to do, but one must still be careful, patient and somewhat mechanically inclined.

On the PASS side, there is a small area that will need to be trimmed to allow clearance for the 3rd switch. There is a metal support a little farther back and you can simply trim out enough where it is somewhat "inline" with that support. Istill recommend using FULLY INSULATED electrical terminals for added security that they don't touch the metal support in any event your install is slightly close so you have no electrical issue.

I'm sure there will be questions & tried to take as many detailed pics to show everything you will need to do for your install, so please feel free to ask any questions, and you can always email me directly at:
lethalweapon09@yahoo.com

PICS:

Last edited by KustomFX; 06-28-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:43 PM
F150 Owner & Operator

NOTE:
Shown is models without a flow thru console...
If you have a flow thru console, you simply need to remove the 4 bolts holding the console in place, slide it back to gain access to a bolt at the very bottom of your dash panel. (This also applies to the DVR side dash panel as well.

Models without the flow thru console simply snaps into place & only one bolt behind the pass air bag.

Last edited by KustomFX; 06-28-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:45 PM
F150 Owner & Operator

Old 06-24-2016, 09:47 PM
F150 Owner & Operator

Old 06-24-2016, 09:49 PM
F150 Owner & Operator

Old 06-24-2016, 09:53 PM
F150 Owner & Operator

COMPLETED INSTALL PICS SHOWN ABOVE!

Any questions, please feel free to ask, post or you can simply email me at: lethalweapon09@yahoo.com

Thanks,
-Brett

Cattivo (04-16-2018)
Old 06-26-2016, 01:55 PM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks Great!!
The following users liked this post:
KustomFX (06-26-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 03:43 PM
F150 Owner & Operator

Originally Posted by brunosplace
Looks Great!!
Thanks!
It definitely beats the "2 switch" panel that I've seen that uses 3m tape on the outside.
It has 2 switches on the left side to avoid the "bump" of the inner part of the dash.... But by simply cutting it out gives the room necessary for a uniform 3 switch panel.
This does requires a little more work & pretty much a permanent mod, but it's uniform, looks great.... And works excellent!

Last edited by KustomFX; 06-26-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:20 PM

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KustomFX
Thanks!
It definitely beats the "2 switch" panel that I've seen that uses 3m tape on the outside.
It has 2 switches on the left side to avoid the "bump" of the inner part of the dash.... But by simply cutting it out gives the room necessary for a uniform 3 switch panel.
This does requires a little more work & pretty much a permanent mod, but it's uniform, looks great.... And works excellent!

Exactly, I don't care for the look of the two switch plates I have seen. Admittedly, I usually do mods so that they can be easily reversed when I sell the vehicle, but this looks good enough that it wouldn't put off a prospective buyer. I can always switch out the good lights I put on, with some Walmart cheapo's when it is time, so the switches still do something. LOL
The following users liked this post:
KustomFX (06-26-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 07:59 PM
F150 Owner & Operator

Originally Posted by brunosplace
Exactly, I don't care for the look of the two switch plates I have seen. Admittedly, I usually do mods so that they can be easily reversed when I sell the vehicle, but this looks good enough that it wouldn't put off a prospective buyer. I can always switch out the good lights I put on, with some Walmart cheapo's when it is time, so the switches still do something. LOL
True....
Another idea....I purchased used dash trim panels on eBay & only paid $50 each for my R&D of these. I actually bought 5 of them, so you can also get a dash panel pretty cheap, then sell your dash panel with the switch panel in the classifieds on here too. Probably end up breaking even.
....which reminds me.... I just may put my R&D dash panels with the switch panels on here too.

Quick Reply: For Sale: "Cubby" hole switch panels!!