Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Part Sales

North Central: Plasma Tube DRL Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 08:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Plasma Tube DRL Headlights

Aftermarket headlights with plasma tube DRLs. They have halogen headlights in projectors but could easily be changed out to LEDs. I decided to go a different direction with my lighting so I never got around to changing them. They are H7 headlights, not H13, just in case you decide to do it. There is nothing wrong with them. They look awesome, just a little too aggressive looking for me. There is a picture attached of how they look on my truck. These are plug and play with halogen systems.

I bought them new for $330 and had them on my truck for about a month and a half.

Asking $225 shipped.
Attached Thumbnails Plasma Tube DRL Headlights-tube-heads.jpg   Plasma Tube DRL Headlights-tube-head-passenger.jpg   Plasma Tube DRL Headlights-tube-head-driver.jpg   Plasma Tube DRL Headlights-tube-head-back.jpg   Plasma Tube DRL Headlights-headlights-angle.jpg  

Plasma Tube DRL Headlights-headlights.jpg  

Last edited by michaellake; 04-23-2016 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Price change.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:09 PM

Help me get my cab corners fixed!
Old 04-18-2016, 08:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are the lights fully plug and play?

and btw, cab corners? what year is your truck? and are you saying you have rust already?
Old 04-18-2016, 09:03 PM

The lights are 100% plug and play. You just need to reuse your marker lights on the sides. The DRL and turns plug into your stock turn socket, and the headlights to the headlight socket. No wiring mods required at all.

Yeah, my cab corners are rusted through. It's a 2009. I was as surprised as anyone, but I think the 3rd brake light leak caused it. I fixed the leak when I bought the truck but I'm sure the damage was done at that point.

I'm looking at about $1500 to get it done, but I need to stop it before it spreads any further. The weirdest part? My rockers are 100% fine.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow. how did you find out your 3rd brake light was leaking?
Old 04-19-2016, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by cbrenn71
wow. how did you find out your 3rd brake light was leaking?
I was going through the car wash and looking back during the drying to make sure I got the whole truck in the 60 seconds I had. It was then I noticed a steady drip from the headliner onto the rear bench seat. I was livid. I ordered a new gasket on eBay changed it out. The old one was completely wrecked. Since I've put the new one in I've had no problems with water. But the damage has been done. Check out my build thread in my signature to see the pics of the old gasket. It's awful.

I love Ford, but man do they have some **** poor engineering on some parts. The third brake light opening is open into the cab. It's ridiculous. The leaking light that I thought cost me $25 for a new gasket will end up costing me about $1500.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:09 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine did the same thing. My guys at the body shop took the sunroof drain tubes and ran them out the hole in the pinch seam at the back of the cab instead of leaving them hanging in the open area. Ford cut them off short and they were hanging in the corners about 3-5 inches up. Mine only cost me about $1000. They deducted some for me stripping the back section for them. You may try that to save save some money.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's the lighting at night?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:55 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Do the tubes illuminate during the day, i.e. I will need to dealer to activate my DRL's for them to work?
Old 04-19-2016, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by L4WL3SS
How's the lighting at night?
The lighting for me was perfectly fine. I was used to LED lights before this, so I wanted more. I drove around with my high beams on and only one person flashed me, but it still was ample lighting. If you are used to an LED or HID setup, you'll want to replace the headlights with LEDs.

Quick Reply: North Central: Plasma Tube DRL Headlights