Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Part Sales

Southeast: FS: Morimoto Evox-R 2.0 projectors and retro rubber

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default FS: Morimoto Evox-R 2.0 projectors and retro rubber

I have a pair of Brand New in the box Morimoto Evox-r 2.0 projectors for sale. I purchased them new back in the winter to basically upgrade my oem HID’s to a better performing projector. Well, I have yet to have time to do the project and at this point in time, have decided to not do it at all. I also have a package of the retro rubber butyl glue, new as well.

Morimoto Evox-r 2.0 projectors: $120 (online new) $90 pair
Morimoto Retrorubber Butyl Glue $17 (online new) $12

If you’re planning on doing a retrofit to your halogen headlights or just improving your hid’s, this is the most popular setup to go with. Save yourself some $$ right off the bat with these and you don’t have to wait until Black Friday. I’m in central KY. Can meet within reason or I will ship.

Last edited by KYmxracer52; 06-13-2019 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Corrected price
Old 06-20-2019, 10:18 AM

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Still available?
Old 06-20-2019, 11:16 AM

Yes sir.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:33 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm interested and in ky. How difficult would the install be on a factory halogen setup? I know I have to open them up.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by black5liter
I'm interested and in ky. How difficult would the install be on a factory halogen setup? I know I have to open them up.
On a halogen, I have no idea. I know there’s some threads on this forum talking about it. They have to be mounted to the bowl reflector somehow. As for the light part, you will need to buy an hid retrofit kit as well.

As for difficulty, I’d say your hardest part would be opening the headlamps.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:04 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by KYmxracer52
On a halogen, I have no idea. I know there’s some threads on this forum talking about it. They have to be mounted to the bowl reflector somehow. As for the light part, you will need to buy an hid retrofit kit as well.

As for difficulty, I’d say your hardest part would be opening the headlamps.
Once you have the lights opened, you have to clean off all of the old butyl rubber, which is a pain and takes quite a while without messing up the plastic lens. Then you'll need to mount the projectors to the housing, which can be time-consuming since they need to be mounted perfectly horizontal and aimed correctly. After that you can install the shroud (and halo's etc if you are using them) and your choice of HID bulbs. Then you can use the new butyl rubber to re-seal the lights using the same method you used to open the lights.

Once the above steps are done you need to install and HID wiring harness and ballasts into your truck. When that is complete you can then re-mount the headlight assemblies and plug in the wiring harness to the HID bulbs you have installed in the light assemblies.

Finally you will need to adjust your headlight assemblies via the headlight adjustment bolts on the truck to ensure the proper cut-off height (so you don't blind people) and to align the cut-offs of the two projectors.

Of course if you are wanting to do any painting you'll need to do that as well when the time is appropriate.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Southeast: FS: Morimoto Evox-R 2.0 projectors and retro rubber