Topic Sponsor
Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA

Forscan is SE Va?

Old 03-07-2017, 07:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Forscan is SE Va?

Would like to have a few things changed with my F150 software specifically the seat belt alarm. Folks at my local dealship wouldn't or couldn't do ? Anyone know where in SE Va I could go and get this done or anyone near by have a Forscan set up and willing to help out? Thanks

Tidewater area
Jim
Old 06-07-2017, 01:46 PM

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Just happened upon this. Have you gotten your changes taken care of yet? If not, where in the Tidewater area are you?
Old 06-09-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New

Hey not to piggyback your thread, new member from Norfolk. Did you find anyone? I am in need of same service
Old 06-09-2017, 06:38 PM

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm pretty new to FORScan, but would help out if people are in the NOVA area. That said, I can't imagine you could get a dealer or shop to change anything for much less than the price of entry for using FORScan. If you have a laptop with windows, you can get it running with no wires for about $85. If you need to buy a tablet as well that's another $80.

And then you can fiddle around till your heart's content, monitor some additional info on your truck with other apps, read codes, etc.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:10 AM

And, if you don't mind going "old school" (no bluetooth, but with an actual USB tether from your computer to your truck), you can get started with FORScan for about $30. I have this device
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY
and, although I have not done much with it yet, it is able to see all of the modules on the truck and allowed me to install a back up camera that shows the image on my 4.2" radio screen without having to buy the aftermarket modules that make the plug and play camera kits cost so much. I was actually shocked at how easy it is to use, and it has already saved me a lot of cash on the camera mod alone.

As I said, I have not done much with this, but I would be happy to help out as much as I can if anyone is in my area (Surry County).
The following users liked this post:
BarmanBean (06-10-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 08:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Six
you can get started with FORScan for about $30. I have this device
That's pretty affordable. I'll have to give that a try. Also, I'm in the norfolk area. Would you be willing to show me what you've been able to do with your truck? I just need some assurance or tutorial before I start any "surgery". Thanks!
Old 08-27-2017, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by sigocentral
That's pretty affordable. I'll have to give that a try. Also, I'm in the norfolk area. Would you be willing to show me what you've been able to do with your truck? I just need some assurance or tutorial before I start any "surgery". Thanks!
No problem. I have a pretty tight schedule during the week, but I can usually get away for awhile on the weekend. PM me with some way to get in touch (phone, e-mail, etc.) and we can see about setting something up.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Im at Fort Belvoir and have Forscan depending on my schedule i don't mind helping members out.
The following users liked this post:
BarmanBean (09-05-2017)

Search this Thread