Topic Sponsor
Northeast CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, WV

Sunbury Motor Company Service can shove any future service from me!!

Old 12-01-2011, 11:07 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Sunbury Motor Company Service can shove any future service from me!!

Bought my truck from these folks on Oct. 21st and a week later I find that the wiring harness on my truck isn't working correctly. For some odd reason the "steady burn" lights aren't running, yet everything else was fine? I call these fine folks up to see about getting this brand new truck in to try and fid out why the wiring harness on the truck is faulty, not working etc. Just FYI, I confirmed it was the harness on the truck with a test light, checked with the ground on the 4 prong to find both turn signals working, 4 ways flashed, brake lights work, but no steady burn when the headlights/tailights on?

They tell me it will be at best, Dec. 1st before they can find time to fit me in. This is where my feelings about this fine est. begin to go downhill!! I buy this truck on Oct. 21st, second week of Nov. there is a problem (approx. Nov. 11th) and it will be DEC 1ST before they can get me in to see what's wrong, AND, conviently they have nothing they can let me borrow to drive around. So I'm expected to sit t here with my thumb my a** for God knows how long!! I was pissed, and quite disappointed to say the least!!

I call up my salesman as he instructed me to call if I ever have a problem, well, I DID!! He went down to talk to service the following Monday (this was on a Friday) and shortly after I received a phone call that I could come on by and drop it off to just leave with them, just in case they can find time to squeeze it in!! I would have jumped on this as the salesguy said he would find something for me to drive in the mean while. However, after mentioning this to one of my co-workers at the Fire Dept. He stated that he was glad it wasn't just him that received this run around treatment.

Apparently, they had bought a brand new Ambulance a year back, a week later had some sort of problem that took it out of service. They told him the same thing they told me, and 5 WEEKS later it was still sitting there waiting to be fixed!! Apparently, it took someone, who knew someone, that played golf with the Owner of Sunbury Motor Company to make a phone call. According to my co-worker, the idiot in the service dept. actually told him that "if you had bought the chassis from us, we could have gotten you in quicker." So, I opted not to just drop it off and wait until today to go in for my appt.

Today, I make it down there around 1000hrs. I drop the truck off and was asked if I can wait on it, since conviently they once again had nothing to loan to a customer!! I said I would wait and thought it wouldn't be long since I saw they drive it around the side, and out of sight. Two hours later, still waiting and no word?? I decided I had better things to do and went to talk to my salesman. He was great, promptly found me a ride and I was off to take care of my day off chores.

Around 1345hrs I receive a call that my truck is ready to pickup. When I get to he dealership I return the vehicle and go to the service dept. This is where the REAL S**T HITS THE FAN!! He stated that apparently a fuse had blown and it had to be the trailer I hooked up that caused it. He then slips a bill for $38.50 for a 1/2 labor and tells me this is what is due for changing A FUSE!!!

At this point I think he must be joking as I never ONCE received any phone call stating this is the problem, we are gonna try to weasle out of warranty coverage and I will be responsible for "X" amount of dollars!! I never authorized ANY work to be done and assumed that if any work were done, it would be warranty coverage!! This smarta** sack of human waste then goes on to tell me that there is no way a blown fuse is covered under warranty and that he did me a favor by cutting the full HOUR to replace this fuse in half to save me money!! I managed to hold back all explicitives but I know I was as red as the shirt I was wearing!! I told him there was no way I was paying this crap, $40 to change a fuse!!

He told me that is fine and he would have to bill the sales dept. as this is no warranty work and it's now their responsibility. I replied with the fact that I don't give a rat's *** who pays for it, as long as it wasn't me!! My next stop was straight to my salesman and the general manager of the dealership. He apoligized and stated that I should have called him first and he could have had their prep guys look at it first, which would have gotten me in sooner? I always assumed a problem with the truck goes to the Service Dept.? Am I wrong?? Either way, he offered apologies and said I didn't owe anything. That was it.

I will be curious as to whether I receive a "Service Satisfactory Survey?" I will rip them a new one up and down the wall, and guarantee I will NEVER set foot in that place for ANY work again!! I called my dad to talk about it, and he said that if I don't receive a survey, to give Ford a call and ask where it was at? If they try to sweep it under the rug could mean BIG TROUBLE with Ford?

Either way, I recommend Sunbury Motor Company in Sunbury, PA to buy a vehicle, as the sales process was excellent. However, I will NEVER take my truck there again for service, oil changes, or even to check the air in my tires!!

Thank you for listening LOL!!

Brad

Last edited by medicff0879; 12-01-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunbury Motor Company Service can shove any future service from me!!