Topic Sponsor
Northeast CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, WV

Nissan owners more dedicated than Ford owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Nissan owners more dedicated than Ford owners?

Ok you'all I'm frustrated here... I used to own a Nissan Titan and every year there would be a large meet with off roading, a Dyno setup and a lot of dedicated Nissan fans getting together. I have had my F-150 for 2 years - have it all jacked up with off road tires dual exhaust and am ready to party and do some muddin with some fellow Ford finatics...
BUT dispite that you cant turn your head without seeing an F150 anywhere in the US, very few on this forum want to meet up or want to take a fellow off roader with them through some mud to have some fun. Now Ive been to off road driving school, driven cars from Land Rovers to Ferraris and know what to do off road... I'm not going to invite some drunken friends to mess up your land if you invite me to do some four wheeling with you. I just want to have some fun and talk trucks... Is anyone in or is this forum full of those who chrome out their trucks and lift them to show off and not to cover them with 4WD mud roosters tails? C'mon people, someone throw me a bone here, this is the best selling truck in America and i feel like I am trying to get together owners of Ford Pintos...
Old 05-13-2011, 03:23 AM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

nah man we get together. its because there's not as many people close together on this forum as some others. If you ever want to drive out to AZ i would be more than happy to show you a fun time (no homo) and i've got a few other AZ buddies willing to party down with us on the trails; we don't drink and drive either and we know what we're doing. I'm down for whenever. hell if you just fly out here (from wherever you're from) i'll pick you up and take you on a trail.
just give me some notice so I can request off work.

we good?
Old 05-13-2011, 04:07 AM
What's that mean?

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Just like PROZACK, I'd be more than happy to go offroading with you! If you find youself in the NM/CO/AZ area let me know! My truck may not be 4wd (4x4) but 2wd with some 32" KM2 get's me from point A to point B just fine.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll definitely go offroading!! If you're ever in southern/central Texas (Houston preferably), let me know! I need people to go with anyway, I'm having the same problem down here.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Where are you located that there's no meet followings?

One thing you have to consider is the median age of the F150 crowd. Generally speaking, Nissan Titan's have a younger demographic that is more inclined to modding, bogging and fun times. F-series owners are usually more "seasoned" and are no longer into that. Usually, people graduate to an F-truck when they want a more mature ride. Those that own these trucks and do enjoy flogging them to a certain degree do in fact exist in large numbers, but the "number sold/ number played with" percentages are more in favor of the import crowd.

It sounds bad to say like that, but its true. Ford and GM 1/2 tons are more geared toward an older demographic.

Now, that said... when I had my F150, it spent PLENTY of time on the beach and in the mud. LOL.

Last edited by Lenn; 05-13-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:04 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Lenn
Where are you located that there's no meet followings?

One thing you have to consider is the median age of the F150 crowd. Generally speaking, Nissan Titan's have a younger demographic that is more inclined to modding, bogging and fun times. F-series owners are usually more "seasoned" and are no longer into that. Usually, people graduate to an F-truck when they want a more mature ride. Those that own these trucks and do enjoy flogging them to a certain degree do in fact exist in large numbers, but the "number sold/ number played with" percentages are more in favor of the import crowd.

It sounds bad to say like that, but its true. Ford and GM 1/2 tons are more geared toward an older demographic.
The demographic changes wherever you are or live. Around where I live, Chevys and Fords are owned and offroaded by several young people as well as older people. I'm 23, and I know plenty of people my age that have Ford trucks. I knew several in high school who had them also. There aren't many imported trucks driven around here though, with the exception of Tacomas
Old 05-13-2011, 07:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmm.. maybe then I live in the wrong state! Im in northern Maryland near the Pennsylvania border. Plenty of trucks around here, see some covered in mud... I guess I listen to too much country music and yearn for good times that maybe arent an option around here, but I don't want to believe that...

I know what you all mean by younger demographic re: Nissan Titans.. part of why I went to Ford was too much of an Import mod kinda scene with the Nissans... just not my thing. That being said, I still want to have some fun...
Old 05-13-2011, 07:41 PM

Received 1,389 Likes on 664 Posts

i dont off road in my F-150 (thats what my modded ranger is for! lol) and the only meets ive ever been too with the ranger forums im on are for off roading event. that seems to be what most meets consist of and since my F-150 rarely see's more than a dirt road or tame 2 track dont really fit in. and i tend to agree with Lenn, at least in my area and i notice it alot going from ranger forums to this forum that the F-150 crew is in an older age bracket and i also notice the younger crowd going for the imports as well. are nissan owners more dedicated then F-series owners? i doubt it. because of our dedication the F-series continues to be the best selling line of pickups for over 30 years.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by cegan1825
The demographic changes wherever you are or live. Around where I live, Chevys and Fords are owned and offroaded by several young people as well as older people. I'm 23, and I know plenty of people my age that have Ford trucks. I knew several in high school who had them also. There aren't many imported trucks driven around here though, with the exception of Tacomas
I agree that the perceived demographic changes from area to area, but Ford's overall target demographic for the F-150 is older than the average target customer of a Titan or Tundra. That's what I meant. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Quick Reply: Nissan owners more dedicated than Ford owners?