Southwest AZ, CA, HI, NM, NV, UT

Los Angeles Tire Shops

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 12:41 AM
ksa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Los Angeles Tire Shops

Hello to all the LA and area guys.

I am a new (to me) 2006 F150 Harley Davidson Edition truck owner. I am in Alberta, Canada. So I picked up this truck a couple of days ago and I am enjoying it so far. It has a few great extras already like the lift, DVD player, Magnaflow exhaust and big 33" tires. Which actually brings me to the question I have.

I am planning a road trip to LA, California in a couple of months with my wife. The tires are pretty much done and probably won't me last more than this summer. I will need to buy a new set for winter for sure. This got me thinking, since I am doing this road trip in August, why don't I swing by a shop in LA while I am there for a couple of days and purchase and have the new tires installed. Of course this would only make sense if it's substantially cheaper for me to do that, which might be case considering you guys get awesome deals vs us.

The question is, are there any local LA shops you guys can recommend to me who I can contact to get a quote for the tires I am after? I don't know much about truck (first one) and truck tires, but the previous owner told me what these ones are and he said they were great so I was thinking of just buying the same ones again. Although I am definitely open to other suggestions if there are better deals and nicer tires out there.

The ones I am after currently are though, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 285/60 R20. Which I am told end up being 33" after the conversion? I am in Alberta as stated and I definitely need a tire that would be good in snow as well, which I believe these are supposed to be.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and happy to be a part of this great community.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ksa
Hello to all the LA and area guys.

I am a new (to me) 2006 F150 Harley Davidson Edition truck owner. I am in Alberta, Canada. So I picked up this truck a couple of days ago and I am enjoying it so far. It has a few great extras already like the lift, DVD player, Magnaflow exhaust and big 33" tires. Which actually brings me to the question I have.

I am planning a road trip to LA, California in a couple of months with my wife. The tires are pretty much done and probably won't me last more than this summer. I will need to buy a new set for winter for sure. This got me thinking, since I am doing this road trip in August, why don't I swing by a shop in LA while I am there for a couple of days and purchase and have the new tires installed. Of course this would only make sense if it's substantially cheaper for me to do that, which might be case considering you guys get awesome deals vs us.

The question is, are there any local LA shops you guys can recommend to me who I can contact to get a quote for the tires I am after? I don't know much about truck (first one) and truck tires, but the previous owner told me what these ones are and he said they were great so I was thinking of just buying the same ones again. Although I am definitely open to other suggestions if there are better deals and nicer tires out there.

The ones I am after currently are though, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 285/60 R20. Which I am told end up being 33" after the conversion? I am in Alberta as stated and I definitely need a tire that would be good in snow as well, which I believe these are supposed to be.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and happy to be a part of this great community.

King Tire in El Monte!

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Tire Shops