Topic Sponsor
Texas Don't mess with us!

Leather install Houston Area?

Old 02-12-2019, 11:15 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Leather install Houston Area?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Katzkin install in the Houston area? Every shop I call is $500+, which seems high considering I'm providing the covers.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:44 AM

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Saw a guy who worked for All Out Offroad doing a katzkin install on a buick suv at a dealership. He had all the seats out, was heating up the leather to stretch it to fit, etc. Looked pretty labor intensive and took over half the day. It did look good though. Not something Id want to do myself. When they were done they looked factory. No funky wrinkles like other jobs I've seen.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:04 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I know that it is not a super easy job, but even if it takes them 10 hours that is $50/hr for something that doesn't require a shop or many skills/tools. Overhead for a business is expensive, but I feel like the guy they would have on it is low on the totem pole

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leather install Houston Area?

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: