Topic Sponsor

What you guys think? advise for the future when making car purchases

Old 05-04-2017, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What you guys think? advise for the future when making car purchases

Well, I wish I would have found this place before I made the decision...but it is what it is.
What does everyone think?
I have never owned a F150 before and didn't think I would ever own a truck till 2011 and BOY....I don't know what I was waiting for...hahahah

This is for a 2017 F150 Lariat

Although it is already a done deal. I really want to learn from this if I got hosed and could have got more out of it for the future. I felt it was quite a good deal this is for a cash purchase.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:58 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Looks like a fair price.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks alright to me too

Check out mine here

https://www.f150forum.com/f40/here-n...ur-own-379839/

Are you in fort mac? Was the truck there or it is a factory order?
Old 05-08-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by frostiex
Well, I wish I would have found this place before I made the decision...but it is what it is.
What does everyone think?
Yeah, guys outside of QA get that non-stackable cash purchase assist. But I hope you did run your numbers to see if your own financing with lost revenue on this cash is better than 0% financing from Ford. Run your number through some calculators - calculate the interest cost of your financing over 5 years plus lost revenue on some moderately risky investments (4-5%/year minus taxes on that). You may be surprised. 50K over 5 years makes you about $11K at 4% before taxes. 3750 rebate before taxes is also not bad - that's like $3.9K of savings for AB.

Few things I would mention:
- you can do Line-X for about the same price of $550 - so check if you prefer Line-X vs factory spray-in bedliner
- admin fee of $800...wow
- 3M is the protection film, right? $700 is a rip-off. You should be able to do it for about half of that.
- prepaid maintenance plan for 3K? Well, it is all individual, but I would definitely think again about what does it cover and what do you really need. Most likely you are being ripped off big time.

Search this Thread