Topic Sponsor

Note to my Southern Albertan brothers

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Flatlander

Received 283 Likes on 197 Posts

Default Note to my Southern Albertan brothers

Stay safe, high and dry. We've got you in our thoughts. What a disaster.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Originally Posted by smurfs_of_war
Stay safe, high and dry. We've got you in our thoughts. What a disaster.
Thank you man! No problems at my house but work was called off today so I've been out all day bailing my friends out of High River and Okotoks. It is an absolute mess out there. One of my buddies lost his house, truck and most of his possessions in high river. Starting to hate it here due to our extreme summer weather.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Flatlander

Received 283 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour

Thank you man! No problems at my house but work was called off today so I've been out all day bailing my friends out of High River and Okotoks. It is an absolute mess out there. One of my buddies lost his house, truck and most of his possessions in high river. Starting to hate it here due to our extreme summer weather.
Good luck man! My wife and I were actually thinking of heading to Calgary to bring some family home and out of harms way until they called us saying there was no way to get them out. They're safe.
High River looked like a war zone. My wife has friends there she used to work with who showed her pics of their house (or what was left). Really a heart breaker. Thankfully they were safe.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:34 AM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Originally Posted by smurfs_of_war
Good luck man! My wife and I were actually thinking of heading to Calgary to bring some family home and out of harms way until they called us saying there was no way to get them out. They're safe.
High River looked like a war zone. My wife has friends there she used to work with who showed her pics of their house (or what was left). Really a heart breaker. Thankfully they were safe.
Yep I was right in the middle of it. Absolutely worse in person. Parked my truck as close as I could and threw on my chest waders to help a group of our friends get my buddy and his family out. I swear to you that it was 80% as bad as Katrina, only on a smaller scale. Half of the main floor of his house was submerged in water. When it dries out, I'd say about 3/4 of those houses will be completely destroyed and will need to be torn apart and redone, if not rebuilt. So tragic, and being in the flood free zone, all we can do is our part to help the community get back on their feet.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:22 PM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Stay safe brothers, f**k the possessions 'cause you can replace those. Get to safety and help others along the way. When the clean up effort is done and the rebuilding process begins, I'll be on my way to pound off some new housing for you guys!
The following users liked this post:
smurfs_of_war (06-23-2013)

Quick Reply: Note to my Southern Albertan brothers