Topic Sponsor

May 18 rebate change

Old 05-14-2017, 10:50 AM

Received 147 Likes on 108 Posts

Default May 18 rebate change

I have been told rebate will be changing from 3750 to 7500 but interest on 84mo finance goes from .99 to 4.99 resultingin a increase of payments. 845 to 879ish. This is on a msrp of 69200.
Best deal I can get so far is 3750 + 750+ 5000 (dealer credit). Not as much as I thought.
Opinions?
Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's hope it does get better. My truck is scheduled for a June 2 delivery to the dealer. If the rebates improve it could save me a few extra bucks. An extra 3750. I too got the 3750 + 750 + 1000 aside from the deal I was able to cut with my dealer.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:13 PM

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

I would much prefer that they double the rebate cash instead of the financing BS. Sounds great!
Old 05-22-2017, 12:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don’t think the official rebates matter much these days

I recently went through the truck buying processing Ottawa, visiting chevy, 2 dodge and 3 ford dealers. The ford dealers were all over the map. Incentives come and go but if you visit the Ford website they are at $8250 this week. The first 2 weeks of May, while I looked around, it was $750. First my local dealer offered me MSRP less $11,250. Sounded good, I thought another 1000 or 2000 might have been possible with lots of negotiation. I them went to biggest dealer in Eastern Ontario, Kanata Ford. They offered $2500 off only. They obviously had some room to go lower but wouldn’t go lower unless I made them an official offer. Couldn’t understand why they didn’t have the same $11K in incentives. Wasted 3 hours of my life. Then on a whim, as I had 30 minutes to kill waiting to swap out my winter tires, I stopped in at a small local dealer. They right away found me a truck very very close to what I wanted/needed and offered me $17K off MSRP. This included my trade-in which probably was worth 4K at most (Kanata Ford offered me 2.5K for the same trade-in).

I also liked how the third dealer simply took the MSRP minus incentives and simply added license and tax, nothing extra. They still probably have all those extra charges but they embedded it in their price. Makes your negotiation easy. All other dealers give, take, give and take again to confuse you and gain a couple hundred or thousand, here and there and here.

No matter how you look at it buying a truck can be frustrating, and the dealers only add to this frustration. Luckily I found a good dealer after visiting 3 Ford dealers. Any more and I might have just given up and looked closer at my second choice, a Dodge Ram. BTW both Dodge dealers were all over the place also…..
Old 05-23-2017, 07:49 PM

I don’t think the official rebates matter much these days

I recently went through the truck buying process in Ottawa, visiting chevy, 2 dodge and 3 ford dealers. The ford dealers were all over the map. Incentives come and go but if you visit the Ford website they are at $8250 this week. The first 2 weeks of May, while I looked around, it was $750. First my local dealer offered me MSRP less $11,250. Sounded good, I thought another 1000 or 2000 might have been possible with lots of negotiation. I them went to biggest dealer in Eastern Ontario, Kanata Ford. They offered $2500 off only. They obviously had some room to go lower but wouldn’t go lower unless I made them an official offer. Couldn’t understand why they didn’t have the same $11K in incentives. Wasted 3 hours of my life. Then on a whim, as I had 30 minutes to kill waiting to swap out my winter tires, I stopped in at a small local dealer. They right away found me a truck very very close to what I wanted/needed and offered me $17K off MSRP. This included my trade-in which probably was worth 4K at most (Kanata Ford offered me 2.5K for the same trade-in).

I also liked how the third dealer simply took the MSRP minus incentives and simply added license and tax, nothing extra. They still probably have all those extra charges but they embedded it in their price. Makes your negotiation easy. All other dealers give, take, give and take again to confuse you and gain a couple hundred here and there and here.

No matter how you look at it buying a truck can be frustrating, and the dealers only add to this frustration. Luckily I found and good dealer after visiting 3 Ford dealers. Any more and I might have just given up and looked closer at my second choice, a Dodge Ram. BTW both Dodge dealers were all over the place also…..

Last edited by backpackster; 05-23-2017 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typos
Old 05-25-2017, 12:35 AM

Received 147 Likes on 108 Posts

I hear you with the dealer shenanigans.
I just picked up a 17 Lariat 502. Msrp 71499. Got 12500 off total. Had to pay 15% luxury tax (BC) instead of 12% regular.
Any way I was way over on mileage on my 15 lease return and it needed tires and a box liner to get it back up to a good selling point. So I did ok.
The deal included a 6yr 200k warranty as well. Anyways it was shady to get those #s. Dealer shenanigans...
Love the new truck. Worth the upgrade from the xlt
imo.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:32 AM

Luxury tax?? Ouch!

A couple of cars back, I went over mileage on a dodge lease and was also stuck in an expensive penalty situation. My only way out was to pay way too much and purchase a vehicle from the same dealer. They had me by the ba$&s. At least it turned out to be a fantastic car that has served me well and is now our second car - a Jeep Sahara unlimited. However, I will never lease again.

I hope you enjoy the lariat as much!

Search this Thread