Topic Sponsor

Looking For Some Guidance On Leasing A 2017 XLT Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For Some Guidance On Leasing 2.7L 2017 XLT Supercrew

Hey guys

Im new to the forum and am looking for some advice. I will give you a brief idea on what I need and am looking to do. Any help would be much appreciated! I currently drive a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.5L V6. I've had it for about 2 years now and it's a great SUV. So I started my healthy meal service business this year in which we deliver fresh, healthy prepared meals for people twice a week within a 50km or so radius in the Fraser Valley of BC. So i have been driving 60/40 highway/city this year and have been spending about $600 a month on fuel regular octane at an average of about $1.20 a litre. I've been getting about 525km average per $100 fill up (my l/km says the average is 13.2l/km) I have averaged 30k KMs/year the past 2 years of having it. My car is fully paid off and I would not trade it in I would give it to my dad.

I really need something better on Fuel that still has space for my tote bags with the meals and is comfortable to drive. So after looking at multiple f150s online I think the 2.7L EB XLT Supercrew woth the 302a package would be my go to! I would do a 36 month/unlimited km lease (I was told if approved I could quality for that because I own my own business) with 0 down. The average truck is priced around $45,000 in my area of BC. Also my friend works at Ford so im hoping to get a great deal but not sure what to expect as far as discount goes. Can anyway please tell me if this truck would be a good choice for me? I know it won't be amazing on gas but how much better would it be compared to my Jeep? Also would it make good business sense rather to get this brand new vehicle then to depreciate my Jeep even more as I increase the Kms on it? My dad only drives 10k a year or so. Also I could avoid the maintainence needed on the Jeep over the coming years it's at 115k kms. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited by Johnny100; 05-23-2017 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Johnny,

I lease f150's every 2-3 years. I have just got rid of my 2015 for a new 2017. In those 2 years had done nearly 95000kms and never one issue. It was a 5.0 so a little heavier on gas but I did a lot of towing.

Good thing about leasing is that you can write the vehicle expense off, on your business tax. Now is the time to get into one as the 18's are starting to come out and dealers want to get the 17's off the lot.