Topic Sponsor

Line-X in Montreal review

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Line-X in Montreal review

I would like to share my experience with Line-X shop in Montreal. Before getting my truck I have made the choice of not getting the bed liner from Ford. And I have also decided that spray-in bed liner is my choice. After doing my research I have concluded that I'd prefer Line-X over Rhino-X for the following reasons: stronger product, spraying the edges of the bed and tailgate, lifetime national warranty and, overall, good feedback from Line-X customers. I think the last argument was the one tipping my decision towards Line-X.

I tried to reach out to Line-X shop and got the call back very quickly from Gary Maritzer. He explained me all details about the product, options, cost etc. While waiting for the truck I had some additional questions about Line-X and other products they offer (bed covers, for example) and I was always getting quick and detailed responses. So, finally the day came and I went there with my new truck.

Their garage is really huge, you would never tell from the outside. It is clean and very well organized. I was greeted by Gary and his colleagues, very warm welcome, a cup of coffee and quick tour of the facility. In about one hour my truck was prepped and I was offered the opportunity to see the final preparations before they actually spray it. One of the concerns I had was the possibility of the over-spraying - this product should be difficult to clean from the parts like rims, glass or the paint. What I saw was quite reassuring - the bed was carefully taped around and they put something like a huge plastic bag over the front of the vehicle. By the way, forgot to mention that they sanded the bed, which is, to my knowledge, the right way of prepping the surface for Line-X product.

The entire process took slightly over 2 hours since my arrival. The truck was out and I took my time to check out the results. I am very picky when it comes to the quality of work, especially when it is about a $70K truck with 120km on the odometer I can tell you that I have not found a single black spot outside of the area where it is supposed to be. The sprayed surface was perfectly uniform, all the lines were sharp-straight. I am very impressed with the result. I understand that it does take quite a bit of experience to do this sort of a job with such a product. I highly recommend Gary and his team at Line-X Quebec!

P.S. I have no affiliation of any kind with them, just a regular customer. I believe, in general, we are not getting good service as often as we should, so I like sharing positive experience when possible
Attached Thumbnails Line-X in Montreal review-2017-04-03-10.12.57.jpg   Line-X in Montreal review-2017-04-03-11.17.08.jpg   Line-X in Montreal review-2017-04-03-11.17.12.jpg